UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Can't remember who posted it, I read so many, but they were saying if you order 2 metres from some ebay seller you get more and its enough to do the lot. I went for 3 though. Good to have a bit spare I think.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Really fast delivery from Monkeydub on the bonnet seal and got the discount.

We also got 2.3m when ordering 2m so hope it's enough. We are all having the same idea before the salt/grit goes on the roads!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Daft question......why is everybody buying bonnet seal rubbers? Does the duster not come with any, just bought my duster and haven't really looked under the bonnet.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
No seal between the bonnet and car body unless you fit your own. It's one mod I would really recommend doing as it keeps the engine bay clean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know these cars are cheap but that's just plain tight wad behaviour by the manufacturer. I guess it's eBay here I come then. Cheers for the quick response.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just looked under my bonnet and I've got bonnet seal running along the back edge of engine bay. I presume you guys are running it along the front edge and sides.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did mine in sections with the front being fitted on first then the sides. I had to leave a gap on the passenger side as there is a plunger type switch that presumably is for the alarm system which stopped me fitting a continuous strip. I also have another similar switch fitted to the front edge in that hole in front of the battery but that one didn't get in the way as much. I guess that switch is in case the bonnet isn't shut properly it with light the doors open warning on the dash. Anyway job done and now I look forward to a clean engine bay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts