UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, been seeing on a few posts that a good addition is a seal for the engine bay and I was wondering which type seal and what sort of size are you using, many thanks

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Do a search for Bonnet Seal m8, lots of threads with info on what to get.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is the one I ordered from eBay, I think I ordered 3 metres but 2 1/2 is all that's required

If you search with the following on eBay:

Universal Jumbo Car Rubber EDGE TRIM SEAL - Van Boat Truck - Door Bonnet Boot

Simon

·
Registered
269 Posts
Congratulations Graham on a superbly kept engine. I cannot seem to get mine anything like that, with so many tight areas that I cannot get the cloth in. Any tips?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mine is as clean after doing the bonnet seal a while ago. The seal also stop the bonnet from vibrating at all and sound deadens too. I also fitted some rubber/foil sheets on the underside of the bonnet. They are the sound deadening used for speakers or when customising a vehicle. I added it using the self adhesive on it and cut it to size with scissors to match the under bonnet fibreous sheet it comes with as standard. It removes the diesel clonking and any vibration too. Lovely jubbly and quiet now. Then i also did the entire boot floor with it too. So no road noise at all at the back and a good addition.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Congratulations Graham on a superbly kept engine. I cannot seem to get mine anything like that, with so many tight areas that I cannot get the cloth in. Any tips?
Nothing special really. It just takes a few minutes every time the car is washed - about once a week. I just wash the car, rinse and dry with a micro-fibre cloth, and finish off by wiping dry the inside of the door shuts, doors and under the bonnet.

Graham

1 - 20 of 58 Posts