UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
There is limited availability, but here's where and when you can book a test drive in a Dacia Duster!

BRANCH / DATE / PHONE NUMBER /
DACIA AT RENAULT LEICESTER / THURSDAY 22ND NOVEMBER / 0116 404 0127
DACIA AT RENAULT /BOLTON / SUNDAY 25TH NOVEMBER / 01204 219 417
DACIA AT RENAULT SLOUGH / MONDAY 26TH NOVEMBER / 01753 293 719
DACIA AT RENAULT LIVERPOOL / WEDNESDAY 28TH NOVEMBER / 0151 790 0350
DACIA AT RENAULT LONDON WEST / SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER / 020 3199 0586
DACIA AT RENAULT ENFIELD / MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER / 020 3199 0582
DACIA AT RENAULT MANCHESTER / MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER / 0161 717 0241
DACIA AT RENAULT ORPINGTON / MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER / 01689 242194
DACIA AT RENAULT ROMFORD / TUESDAY 4TH DECEMBER / 01708 697 153
DACIA AT RENAULT WATFORD / WEDNESDAY 5TH DECEMBER / 01923 531 739
DACIA AT RENAULT CROYDON / WEDNESDAY 5TH DECEMBER / 020 3199 0584
DACIA AT RENAULT WIRRAL / WEDNESDAY 5TH DECEMBER / 0151 790 0352
DACIA AT RENAULT SWANSEA / MONDAY 10TH DECEMBER / 01792 692 564
DACIA AT RENAULT SOLIHULL / TUESDAY 11TH DECEMBER / 0121 4180 267
DACIA AT AUTOWORLD / WEDNESDAY 12TH DECEMBER / 01902 216 758
DACIA AT RENAULT CARDIFF / WEDNESDAY 12TH DECEMBER / 029 21480 159
DACIA AT RENAULT CANNOCK / FRIDAY 14TH DECEMBER / 01543 602 675
DACIA AT RENAULT BIRMINGHAM / SATURDAY 15TH DECEMBER / 0121 418 0257
DACIA AT RENAULT WOLVERHAMPTON / SUNDAY 16TH DECEMBER / 01902 216 739

·
Registered
324 Posts
9th December at Tunbridge Wells, but be quick, the list looked pretty filled when I saw it!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony, how did the drive go?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I did not want to do this from my phone!

Right the test drive! A couple of caveats; due to the demand I shared a 1/2 hour slot with another test driver (I was called and it was OK'd with me prior to the day as I will be test driving the RHD before I commit) so I was behind the wheel for only about 10 minutes and that was driving wround the environs of Tunbridge Wells, including some road works and it was LHD, so I was constantly whacking my left handagainst the door when I went to change gear, so missed a few gears and spent a lot of time being awars of the kerb....!

The vehicle was a Silver Laureate Deisel, with a german plate (Well it was foreign)

As chance would happen, the Duster was parked next to the Kia 4x4, what ever that is, and it is so noticable that the Duster is a compact 4x4, it looked small, but not in a bad way; the Kia looked a pain-in-the-arse-to-park big, whereas the Duster looked easy. Does that make sense. It is wierd given when I have looked at the Duster in the show room it looks enormous, even thugh it is the same length as whatever renault my parents have; a Laguna I think.

That being the case, my first impression was the space. I am a good sized fellow, am 6foot 2 inches tall and I wear hats, and I got into the driver's seat with no agro, with my snap-rim wool-felt Fedora on, and it is easy as the ride is high. I was worried about the fact the steering wheel would be a problem as it was not adjustable, but the driving position was comfortable and i did not feel I was stretching for the wheel. The old boy in the back did mention how much leg room he had, and I think I had the seat back all the way.

When the engine started, I did notice it, but it was not over the top, even when in high revs, as I have read that, as the engine is old it is noisy, well it ain't in the cab.

The first gear is definitely low, but not too bad, and you can get up to speed, ok (The handbook says you can pull away in 2nd, but never got round to that) and the engine never sounded like it was straining, althoug a lot of the time I was going down hill.

I have to say that the visibility is fantastic! It is so light, you can see all round and I did not feel like I was in a SUV!

I really wish I could have caned the engine, but where I went was just not enough opportunity to try it out for real (Get the impression the DPF will have to be changed, LOL) but it was capable and with 4 of us in the car, it never felt underpowered.

I made a point of driving through any pothole I could see and, whilst I felt them, it was a sure-footed thump, rather than the 'F**k! straight to the mechanic' thump.

When I was in the back (with the old boy's daughter), my leg room was great. I have had some dreadful journeys in the back seat in the past. Not in this car.

All in all, I am really impressed. Ok the doors when closing, sound like something from about 10 years ago on a budget, but who cares? Nothing I experienced made me doubt, IN ANY WAY, about my choice and I am eally looking forward to having a crack in a RHD model.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made a point of driving through any pothole I could see and, whilst I felt them, it was a sure-footed thump, rather than the 'F**k! straight to the mechanic' thump.
One of my biggest bugbears with the state of todays roads, and is certainly one of the reasons I'm choosing something 4x4 style.

Thanks for the update though Tony, looking forward to reading when you get hold of a RHD version!

So the commitment, you haven't got to fully commit until you've test driven the specific model you want? Or just a RHD version?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well that is the plan. I haven't been told otherwise, but it is all a bit. Vague at the moment as I don't even know how much a service is.

Going to see the salesman in january and get more confirmation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts