UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found out actually what was wrong with the brakes ?

My car is due in on Friday for an inspection but does anyone know for sure what was actually they were checking for.

I will ask them on Friday when I take it in but be good to know in advance in case they may tell me a few porkie's.

billyblue.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that there was a problem with the torque settings on the brake pipe unions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi just had a call from dealer to book my duster in for an inspection but didn't say what for. They asked if i had any problem's with the car whitch i haven't but said they needed it most of the day.The 5th of june was the only date that i could do so i hope it isn't serious..

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
thats the same day George :wub: goes in for his leak...wondering if I should get gutters, brakes, underseal and everything checked.....

the list is growing !!!!! :D :D :D

But I still love :wub: him !

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Have a good look over him before he goes in and get them to check anything you're not sure about, including the brake pipes just in case.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
me?????? check the brake pipes.....are you having a laugh.....!!!!!!!!

I'll ask them to do it, but have no way of knowing if its been done....and as for scabbling about under him on the drive.......

They can put him up on the wotsit, and then let me look underneath with them!!!!!!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'm a grown man with the same problem, the last time I tried doing an oil change myself it ended up costing me nearly £2000 in repair bills! I don't do that any more :)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I'm a grown man with the same problem, the last time I tried doing an oil change myself it ended up costing me nearly £2000 in repair bills! I don't do that any more :)
Glad its not just me with the engineering skills of Mr Clarkson......

Everything is easy if you know how........like rocket building....!!!!!!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I drained the oil ok and added a fresh 5 litres, but didn't take into account the oil left in the filter (that I didn't change) which added up to about a litre too much. This was a diesel engined van and it would probably have been ok but a couple of days later I had to drive up a long steep winding hill in low gear, the over pressure in the engine blew a gasket allowing the engine oil to enter the fuel system and it went off like a rocket! destroying the fuel pump, injectors and more. The repairs took 2 months, that and 8 weeks hire added up to almost 2 grand.

I consider it a life lesson, stick to what you know and if you don't know give the job to someone who does. :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Why not indeed Printerman, it was actually an attempt by me to be proactive by changing the oil early and I have no idea why I didn't do the filter at the same time, except that I probably just didn't have one when I decided to do the job. On the plus side an expensive lesson tends to stick better than a free one!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I drained the oil ok and added a fresh 5 litres, but didn't take into account the oil left in the filter (that I didn't change) which added up to about a litre too much. This was a diesel engined van and it would probably have been ok but a couple of days later I had to drive up a long steep winding hill in low gear, the over pressure in the engine blew a gasket allowing the engine oil to enter the fuel system and it went off like a rocket! destroying the fuel pump, injectors and more. The repairs took 2 months, that and 8 weeks hire added up to almost 2 grand.

I consider it a life lesson, stick to what you know and if you don't know give the job to someone who does. :)
That's one hell of an expensive oil change!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Has anyone found out actually what was wrong with the brakes ?
My car is due in on Friday for an inspection but does anyone know for sure what was actually they were checking for.
I will ask them on Friday when I take it in but be good to know in advance in case they may tell me a few porkie's.

I took my Duster in for the brake " check " a couple of weeks ago. Other posts on other threads have remarked on the dabs of coloured paint liberally applied around the car . When I asked what work had been done the receptionist told me that the pipe had to be spotted. From this I ASSUME that someone had found an unspotted junction that had not been tightened correctly and this had led to all cars being checked , just in case. The junction had now been spotted , I was told.
Not sure if this adds much clarity but at least it goes some way to explaining what all the coloured paint is for . It is visual confirmation that specific checks have been made.

billyblue.

Reactions: Troute

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got my call this week and took it in today, rather ironic as I have now done over 4,500 miles, anyway talking to the service team and my salesman I got the following two snippets of info, of all the cars they have seen so far, none have required any work done to them. My car was the same no action, but they did give the car a clean and valet (and it needed it!)

The other bit of info was from my salesman who said it was Dacia sales that were keeping them going, they literally cannot get enough cars to satisfy demand. He said that if a Duster is ordered now only Laureates are available this year, if you order an Ambiance or Access that wait on delivery is now into next year. He said a lot of customers are now ordering the Stepway because of this.

Just thought is would pass this on !

4,500 miles and well happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts