UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the duster brochure, the brakes on the petrol versions are listed as 269mm diameter/22mm thickness and the diesel 280mm diameter/24mm thickness respectively.

I'm just wondering whether a simple pad upgrade would be possible or whether calipers etc would also need upgrading to provide greater stopping power on the petrol variants?

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
It maybe as simple as swaping pad and discs, or you could be changing hubs, carriers, calipers and then discs and pads. If nobody knows it's a case of getting out the tape measure and Verniers.

However a friend of mine has an access model and the brakes are absolutely fine, presumably the larger breaks are fitted to the diesel to account for the extra weight of the engine.

Also worth considering is just a pad upgrade, EBC do some very good performance pads that make a huge improvement at less expense.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Personally I'd go with the above option and put better quality pads and discs on there, but the choice will depend on the type of driving you are doing so you don't pick the wrong type of pad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts