UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the duster in to get DRLs reffited (kept falling out of lower grill) which now look superb...... but while this was being done the drivers outer door handle was broken and now just flaps up and down.
Apparently the chap who was working on my car had forgotten the doors were locked and gave the handle a tug and broke the plastic hinge thing inside the door handle.
They are now going to try and swap the passenger side handle over with it ????? I'm guessing they are universal fit .... I do hope so as I don't fancy that door handles are freely available in the parts bin.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have noticed that when it freezes the back side doors can become stuck which means yanking excessively on the plastic handles. I found that the cure is to pour some warm water at the top of the door where it curves around the top. The door will open easily without the danger of snapping the handle.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must say they did own up to it straight away and tried to mend the broken part (assume glue it ) and as a precaution have ordered 4 new door handles and replace all of them when they get them in.
As for doors sticking shut when it freezes I have always used gummi pflege rubber treatment on both my cars and boats as it prevents the rubber seals from freezing up and drying out and cracking , repels water and stop UV damage.
Agreed the door handles do feel a little bit flimsy but as owners I suppose we get used to them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just been and picked the car back up..... now has a new door handle fitted !!!!! ... I thought they were going to just glue the old one back together or as even suggested swap it over with either rear door or passenger door one but no I got a brand new one.... don't care where it came from or how they got it but they did and very happy .... also they are still going to replace the other 3 existing ones free of charge.
It got me thinking though is there or has there been problems with these in the past.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Its funny a guy on another thread was put off buying a Duster completely when he used the door handles for the first time.

well done to the garage for firstly admitting breaking it (none of the usual 'is was like that when it came in') and secondly for sorting it out.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It got me thinking though is there or has there been problems with these in the past.
Can't say I've heard of anything but I do think the handles on mine feel a bit on the flimsy side, enough that I'm careful how I pull them to open the door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts