UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was giving way to a car coming the opposite way earlier when we were hit up the back end....

I got out really annoyed ready to use some choice language when a young girl in tears got out, I mellowed and thought what's the point of being annoyed we are all okay (Just me and Mrs S) in the car but I reckon about 2 grand damage as warped boot floor plan and very mashed bumper....

I felt awful driving off as girl was still upset but as both cars were drivable we just exchanged details etc....

Just a bit worried if the panels are available if not it might get written off....

Anyone got any experience of this problem....

Girls mum has rung to apologise and check we were okay...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry to hear about Bugsy Simon.Glad also to hear You and Mrs S are okay and you're not going down the "whiplash" road.It is a sickener when Your pride and joy gets damaged but as you say You're all okay unlike the poor souls on the A511 down Your way at weekend.Hope everything gets sorted okay and keep us posted on the repair or otherwise.:'(;-):)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. I saw that in the paper bad news. We are both fine got a bit of back ache but get that every now and again. Won't be bothering with any scam claim! Just annoyed but happy no one injured. the girl was in tears Mrs S took her to one side and helped her calm down. Just worried about panel availbility

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Awwww simon....poor bugsy... :(

Glad u and Mrs S are ok, and the young lass is OK too...bless her....she must have been shocked and scared..

But thats why we have insurance, to cover such things...

Good luck with getting bugsy all shiney again

DM x

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A quick update Bugsy is being collected by the insurance approved bodyshop that's 25 miles away! (didn't insist on using a more local one I know few.... because if the insurance suggested it they cant get annoyed with me if parts aren't forthcoming!) and a hire car is being delivered on the poor girls insurance bill....

I asked them what the time scale is likely to and he said they normally like a 10 day turnaround (I nearly laughed at this point.... and said how long do i get the car for? he said as long as it takes..... I said what even if it takes 2 months?.... It wont take that long I can assure you...... was the reply......

·
Registered
224 Posts
A quick update Bugsy is being collected by the insurance approved bodyshop that's 25 miles away! (didn't insist on using a more local one I know few.... because if the insurance suggested it they cant get annoyed with me if parts aren't forthcoming!) and a hire car is being delivered on the poor girls insurance bill....

I asked them what the time scale is likely to and he said they normally like a 10 day turnaround (I nearly laughed at this point.... and said how long do i get the car for? he said as long as it takes..... I said what even if it takes 2 months?.... It wont take that long I can assure you...... was the reply......
Had to have the front bumper replaced on my Stepway after a trailer fell off another car and went straight into mine. Took around a month all in. 2 weeks of hire car. Couldn't get my head around this but a Renault Grand Scenic was apparently in the same 'category' as a Stepway lol so that's the hire car I had.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts

Simon

I feel for you mate

I had some Txxxxxxx of a builder reverse into the front of mine just before XMAS took out the front bumper Grill's offside headlight and creased the Bonnet it was in the repairers for exactly one month.

The other guys insurance did write to my admitting responsibility within a week so my Insurers agreed to waive the Excess however the repairer's either wern't informed or didn't note it so refused to return the car until it had been confirmed.

So watch out for that one as well try and get it waived and make sure the repairers are told.

Doug

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They did say as it was clearly her fault - rear end damage they said I shouldn't have to pay excess, but checked my policy only £250 was pleasently surprised (couldnt remember) My 10 year old Astra had a £400 excess (250 compulsory +£150 voluntary to get it down to what I considered reasonable and it was still nearly double what Sandero is)

So If I have to pay it and get it back.... whilst annoying and inconvienent, it's not a disaster.... just want it back fixed....

They said if not a economical/viable repair they would pay me out less salvage value.... If they can't get the panels, how can I and why would I want a cheap bodged repair and a cat D on the register

They can get stuffed and pay me a fair market value, take the car so I can buy one a similiar age..... BUT its going be fixed and come back shiny (fingers crossed) and I'd only washed it sunday for the first time in months

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How old is your car? Most insurers replace old for new if less than a year old and is written off.
I'd thought about that... but figured its slightly too old.... just coming up 18 months old it's a 63 plate Sept 2013

It doesn't look too bad just smashed bumper and buckled boot floor plan but if parts arent available then who knows?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good thing is there's no question of blame on rear end collisions. The girl going into the back of you gets blame whatever the situation really, unless you were reversing (clearly not).

That makes the whole thing easier to deal with, their insurance will write to yours and cover all the costs. No charge to you at all, curtosy car and all that.

The bad thing... you still have to declair it for the next 5 years when you buy insurance. And it will increase the cost, even though you weren't at fault. Really hit my wallet when I was 21 and got rear-ended. I wasn't too annoyed though because in my opinion it was mostly my fault for stopping too quickly on a double roundabout.

I'd consider getting it repaired yourself (if its cat D) if you are planning to run it to the ground and only sell after 10 years when it'll only be worth £500.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bugsy has been collected.... and I have been given according To Jeremy Clarkson.....'The Worlds Fastest Car'......

A Hire Car!.....

Seriously though, its a throughly acceptable 1.0 ltr 64 plate 5 dr Polo.... but I bet its list price was twice Bugsy's price! and yes the build quality is obviously very good it doesnt seem worth twice the price....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hopefully you will be sorted soon enough Simon!

How fast is this hire car of yours lol ;)
Don't know yet.... only driven to the supermarket... still used the bike for work like normal.... I looked up the list price for it a 1.0 Polo a shade under 12K!!!! its nice but not 5K nicer than my Sandero.... and I have to put the key in the door lock to unlock it!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had a phone call earlier 'About my recent accident' normally I say what accident? and they hang up this time I paused and they realised they had me and pretended to be working with my insurance....... But then couldn't tell me who it my insurance company were due to data protection....

They then said there was £2000 per passenger (but couldn't tell me how many passengers were in the car) being held for me due to very minor discomfort injuries that I don't even need to see a Doctor for.... and if I didn't claim it it would be given back to the other insurance company....

I explained that the money already belonged to the company that would claim it back and I had no injuries and didnt want to scam a young girl over whiplash claims that didnt exist... and told them if everybody took this view then my insurance would be a LOT cheaper..... Parasites...

It would have been easier to to scam the girl than having to repeatedly tell them I didn't want any compensation

And breathe.................... Rant over!!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not looking good folks :-( the surveveyor couldn't price the job based on Dacia parts as they weren't on his system so he priced the job as though it was a the previous generation Clio on which it was based at £3000 and added that parts availbilty may be an issue in his report to the insurance company ...... Sounds like I'm getting a payout then.....

What do you all reckon ....damage was bumper, boot pan and boot panel (panel between boot pan and hatch) the annoying thing is I won't we able to replace it a new one.......so may buy a 2nd hand one the age but.... Another second hand car of a different brand may catch my eye!!!!

In fact my mate has a Saab convertible at 2.5k but Laura keeps telling me we don't need a 2 litre soft top she's sort of got a point but we could buy that have some fun and bank over 2 k

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Not looking good folks :-( the surveveyor couldn't price the job based on Dacia parts as they weren't on his system so he priced the job as though it was a the previous generation Clio on which it was based at £3000 and added that parts availbilty may be an issue in his report to the insurance company ...... Sounds like I'm getting a payout then.....

What do you all reckon ....damage was bumper, boot pan and boot panel (panel between boot pan and hatch) the annoying thing is I won't we able to replace it a new one.......so may buy a 2nd hand one the age but.... Another second hand car of a different brand may catch my eye!!!!

In fact my mate has a Saab convertible at 2.5k but Laura keeps telling me we don't need a 2 litre soft top she's sort of got a point but we could buy that have some fun and bank over 2 k
I take it that you didn't take out any GAP insurance then, mine only cost £79.00 to take the payout back to invoice price for the next 3 years !! :p

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No didn't take out gap insurance .... Can't remember if I was offered it as it wasn't on finance.... Possibly was ... But Will push for a good payout as absolutely not my fault... Perhaps it wasn't my destiny to own a new car... Perhaps I'm used car type of person. Mrs has started looking at fabias and I've started looking at BMW 1 series ......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts