UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my laureate stepway about a month now, pics to follow when i work out how to do it.I have the skipping fault when playing music through bluetooth and have been in contact wth dacia customer care about it.they told me there was a software upgade 4.0.3 out on 29 oct 2014 to cure problem but thats been out for months according to people on forum they also told me not to use maps and play music together and told me it would be better to use a cable .anybody know whats going on theyve been putting these defective units in there cars for a long time they dont seem bothered i just want a bluetooth system that works correctly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a copy of an email to tech support. Let's see how they respond. I will update as appropriate. :-One other issue in general with Renault and Dacia. Medianav is the very poor implementation of Bluetooth. Do a Google of BT problems with both manufacturers and you will see poor reception and transmission issues, skipping streamed music from phones etc. This is a serious issue and everyone I've spoken to seems to get nowhere with dealers or the respective vehicle manufacturers. If this was a mechanical fault it would be a recall, but as it stands customers are completely unaware of the problem until they use BT because it is definitely not highlighted by sales and promotions people.
I would be very interested to hear a more informative feedback than most forum members have had so far.
As things stand the Medianav could be considered as not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act.
The irony is that a BT transmitter and receiver which works perfectly can be bought for under £7.00 surely this is not rocket science to put right and have forever happy customers who receive wonderful customer service and attention to be proud of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have googled it quite a bit the main cars involved have the lg media-nav fitted i.e. renaults and dacia its not just in britain .but the point is their advertising it on their websites as a great media system it does not work correctly whats the point of using a cable or a usb stick its supposed to be bluetooth.The processor is not up to the job so its skipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts