UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres lies the predictament - had a 1.6 Duster preordered since September - delivery date has been shifted from January to now March maybe. Yet to drive a Duster but have bugged the dealer to put on the list once there RHD comes in.
Reading the spec and reviews of the Stepway - for the same money I could get mid spec Stepway - Diesel /metallic paint /alloys/stereo for same money as the Duster. I believe the Stepway would suit my needs more - smaller size yet SUV form and its a newer design.
Do I cancel and sit it the Stepway queue - May/June?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I assume the Duster you've ordered is 2WD? If so, then yes, it'd make sense to go for the Stepway. I rather like the look of the Stepway, and if it wasn't for the fact that that no 4WD is available, then I'd probably also go for a Stepway over a Duster. More car for the same money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is exactly what I am thinking - however my experience with local dealer leads a lot to be desired. Walked in asking about the Stepway - 30 minutes later it took the manager to print out a load of info on the Stepway - am I right in thinking the 0.9 petrol will be the same as the the new Clio so the best comparion to test drive will be this and the Sandaro 1.5 D to get a better idea?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Looks like it, Renault list one for the new Clio, it's an 898cc petrol with 90bhp.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so guess da plan is test drive Clio 0.9 and Sandero 1.5 then also Duster 1.5 just to clarify what to go for.

Looking at the specs am I reading correctly that there is no alarm fitting as standard?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Correct, it's in the accessory pack, according to the brochure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you ordered the 4x2 duster , than better go for the stepway. cheaper insurance , cheaper road tax , lower fuel consumption. the duster is pretty much useless without 4x4.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Or convince your significant other to buy one and you the other. My wife is thinking about a Stepway and I'm still after a duster. The Stepway has more bang for your pound in my opinion, things like the media nav, parking sensors, cruise control etc on the laureate anyway are ticking the boxes for her. And you can get the stepway in the cinder red colour.......lovely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts