UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still not managed to fill my Logan yet, a 5+3( or 4+3 not sure now, but over a meter high) set of stag drawers and 2 stag bedside sets of drawers all taken in 1 journey with room still to spare... I'm still trying but its not been full yet.
I've found a pic of the bedside tables but can't find one of the drawers :unsure:

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Logan must be best kept secret in motoring, the space for the price is fantastic, compare to a last gen golf and the mcv is better in just about everything and half the price. Will be filling mine with camping gear next summer and know there will be room to spare. For mcv read Tardis

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Logan must be best kept secret in motoring, the space for the price is fantastic, compare to a last gen golf and the mcv is better in just about everything and half the price. Will be filling mine with camping gear next summer and know there will be room to spare. For mcv read Tardis
The problem (if that's the correct word) is the limited engine choice' a lot of people wont go near a diesel and while the tc is perfect for the Sandeo and Stepway the perception is its not powerful enough for such a large car. Why Renault don't offer the Dusters 1.6 petrol is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was impressed by the space in the Logan but I needed a 4x4 so went for the Duster. The latter has a lot more space than my previous car (BMW 320d Touring). The higher roofs mean I can load all my music gear in it and still have spare space :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tce is powerful enough, being only 3 cylinder it will probably rev up faster than the 1.6 due to less resistance, its not that heavy really, my other car is a 1.6 c Max, more powerful on paper, but the logan is more keen to shift its backside despite being 25bhp down. More power would have been nice though as an option, the 1.2 tce that used to run in the older clio was supposed to be a decent engine. most of the time there's just me, but it copes fine with all 5 of us and there's plenty a steep hill around here
If anyone hasn't tried it yet be wary of lifting the rear seat, it took 2 of us ages to get all the seatbelt plugs back up, you do get a completely flat floor though.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Why Renault don't offer the Dusters 1.6 petrol is anyone's guess.
I'm so glad that my Logan MCV doesn't have the wheezy old 1.6 engine that was fitted in my Duster. I'm very happy with the 0.9TCe which propels, at a respectable rate, a properly fully laden car (unlike the half empty example in the photo) with a roof load as well.

If anyone hasn't tried it yet be wary of lifting the rear seat, it took 2 of us ages to get all the seatbelt plugs back up, you do get a completely flat floor though.

Plug the seatbelts in and you will be able to single handedly replace the seat base.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm so glad that my Logan MCV doesn't have the wheezy old 1.6 engine that was fitted in my Duster. I'm very happy with the 0.9TCe which propels, at a respectable rate, a properly fully laden car (unlike the half empty example in the photo) with a roof load as well.

Plug the seatbelts in and you will be able to single handedly replace the seat base.
tried that, the seat kept pushing them back down.

The 0.9 tce is a great engine for its size once its got a few miles on it, the problem for most is they're test driving a brand new engine, which will be sloppy and unresponsive, and if its in eco it'll do that boost, cut power, boost thing that mines does.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They should put the new 1.2 liter Tce engine in it. The Logan has 500 liters of boot space, the Sandero/Stepway 320, yet the Logan can carry 200-300 kg less I believe according to the specs, just doesn't seem right as most people buying an estate will be wanting a work horse.

The Logan is IMO one of the best looking estates on the market though, a lot of them just look forced in some way, the Logan has quite a natural look.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
still space there...................
there was a bit, only had the boot full, had 4 passengers and Christmas presents too. Can only get 2 vac pack straw in the c max and then I've gotta force the boot door down, could of easily got 4 in, but under the coat was a child's buggy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had a 48 inch flat screen tv laid in the back of mine the other week, no need to fold the rear seat.

Never had a car I could have done that with before.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had a 48 inch flat screen tv laid in the back of mine the other week, no need to fold the rear seat.
Never had a car I could have done that with before.
fantastic, the boot space is the best, and its still low enough to pull the cover over, I can get our bigger Phil and teds explorer pushchair in ours, and the baby's highchair and rocker, and still get the cover over :-D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts