UK Dacia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
@Mickey G - Can you remember the make of the original battery? I ask because I seem to recall reading on here some really obscure makes of battery. Mine’s a ‘genuine’ Renault/Nissan battery and am wondering if yours was one of the obscure ones?
No brand name was on it which made me comment that they were a cheaper battery fitted to save money. The new battery by the look of is a good quality Renault brand.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,099 Posts
No brand name was on it which made me comment that they were a cheaper battery fitted to save money. The new battery by the look of is a good quality Renault brand.
Mine is an OEM Renault/Nissan ROMBAT coming up to it's 9th year and still going strong ! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
They were yelling!!
Record or video everything!
I rang the dealer saying the issues I was having and called the RAC (still not come. 5 hrs now). I also said I was bringing the car in and was rejecting the car. They told me that was a Dacia matter not theirs. I argued about that and then they started yelling, they then put the phone down on me. So much for helpful, understanding dealers (evans halshaw). Their are all nicey, nicey when taking the money off you, you get to know the real them when you have a problem

·
Registered
239 Posts
When you go film everything openly. Or take someone with you to film it. Stay calm, just repeat the facts and recite your rights. Read up on your rights now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
... I also said I was bringing the car in and was rejecting the car. They told me that was a Dacia matter not theirs. ..
It is absolutely the dealer's issue as you bought from them so it is them you have a contract with. The car is clearly not fit for purpose and their repair attempt has failed so, as it's less than 6 months old, the Consumer Rights Act allows you to reject it.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,099 Posts
I rang the dealer saying the issues I was having and called the RAC (still not come. 5 hrs now). I also said I was bringing the car in and was rejecting the car. They told me that was a Dacia matter not theirs. I argued about that and then they started yelling, they then put the phone down on me. So much for helpful, understanding dealers (evans halshaw). Their are all nicey, nicey when taking the money off you, you get to know the real them when you have a problem
You bought the car from them, it's their problem ! ;)
Edit :-
As an after thought, did you pay any part of the purchase price with a Credit Card ?
If you paid more than £100.01 by C/C you can also claim under Section 75, as the C/C company are jointly liable. :sneaky:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You bought the car from them, it's their problem ! ;)
Edit :-
As an after thought, did you pay any part of the purchase price with a Credit Card ?
If you paid more than £100.01 by C/C you can also claim under Section 75, as the C/C company are jointly liable. :sneaky:
Nope I'm afraid not. RAC say they are coming out 8am tomorrow then strait to the dealer.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,020 Posts
Surely if the battery is not being charged the red battery light should stay on. In the old days it was a filament bulb connected to 12V and found its ground through an alternator winding, when the alternator started spinning there was no longer enough voltage across the bulb so it went out.

Therefore either there is fault in the car's electronics or there is a parasitic drain when the car is parked.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Surely if the battery is not being charged the red battery light should stay on. In the old days it was a filament bulb connected to 12V and found its ground through an alternator winding, when the alternator started spinning there was no longer enough voltage across the bulb so it went out.

Therefore either there is fault in the car's electronics or there is a parasitic drain when the car is parked.
It has gone beyond that with the whole system in complete break down. Light's, all sort's of messages i've not seen before coming on then nothing. I do not want any more to do with this car, the dreadful dealer and Dacia, I want it and them out of my life.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The various lights and messages may be because the battery is so low that the electronic systems can't start correctly. A parasitic drain from a faulty part is the most likely cause of this, but why the dealer can't work out what it is (or be bothered to work it out?) I don't know.
It's very unfortunate that you've got a faulty car from a dealer who clearly doesn't care once they've taken your money. It's also not the first time on here that people have complained about the service, or lack of, from Evans Halshaw.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The various lights and messages may be because the battery is so low that the electronic systems can't start correctly. A parasitic drain from a faulty part is the most likely cause of this, but why the dealer can't work out what it is (or be bothered to work it out?) I don't know.
It's very unfortunate that you've got a faulty car from a dealer who clearly doesn't care once they've taken your money. It's also not the first time on here that people have complained about the service, or lack of, from Evans Halshaw.
Not nice people, no help what so ever, only thinking of themselves

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
RAC came this morning and got me going. Straight to the dealer with it, with my letter of rejection, V5, etc. Not plesent as usual and they first said that they would not take the car back, then I had to see the manager. I told them straight that I had a contract with Evans Halshaw and it was for them to deal with it, walked out at that point with them looking on. I have the V5 slip and I guess I need to send it in for transfer of ownership.
This has not been nice for me as you can imagine with further stress ahead no doubt. I really need to thank you all who have contributed to this issue of mine. It has really been very helpful to me to comment on here and read your advice, I don't think I could have managed this at least as well without this forum. Thankyou all.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts