UK Dacia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Did the RAC man say what he thought the fault was?
He didn't know what it was. I'm glad to see the back of it though and looking ahead I see problems with the dealer. Anyone had dealings with Trading Standards or similer body's, any info there would be helpful.

·
Registered
45 Posts
RAC came this morning and got me going. Straight to the dealer with it, with my letter of rejection, V5, etc. Not plesent as usual and they first said that they would not take the car back, then I had to see the manager. I told them straight that I had a contract with Evans Halshaw and it was for them to deal with it, walked out at that point with them looking on. I have the V5 slip and I guess I need to send it in for transfer of ownership.
This has not been nice for me as you can imagine with further stress ahead no doubt. I really need to thank you all who have contributed to this issue of mine. It has really been very helpful to me to comment on here and read your advice, I don't think I could have managed this at least as well without this forum. Thankyou all.
Mickey, a pity it has had to come to this. You've done well, as most people just get bowled over by the rhetoric of a dealer saying you can't reject. I wish you strength and good luck, and that you will get refunded quickly. Did you give them a dead-line? They really shouldn't hang about with it although you have to give them some "reasonable" time especially during the holiday season. I'd say two weeks max. If they don't want to play ball, then you should start immediately with HM Money Claim:
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
(this used to be called the Small Claims Court).

Once they get that coming in, it will go to one of EH's lawyers who will advice their management they really are going to have to pay up.

I have once gone through the HM Money Claim process (to reclaim the cost of a new clutch for a second-hand car that I'd only just bought - I did get my money!) and am happy to share my documents on that with you.

All the best.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Mickey, a pity it has had to come to this. You've done well, as most people just get bowled over by the rhetoric of a dealer saying you can't reject. I wish you strength and good luck, and that you will get refunded quickly. Did you give them a dead-line? They really shouldn't hang about with it although you have to give them some "reasonable" time especially during the holiday season. I'd say two weeks max. If they don't want to play ball, then you should start immediately with HM Money Claim:
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
(this used to be called the Small Claims Court).

Once they get that coming in, it will go to one of EH's lawyers who will advice their management they really are going to have to pay up.

I have once gone through the HM Money Claim process (to reclaim the cost of a new clutch for a second-hand car that I'd only just bought - I did get my money!) and am happy to share my documents on that with you.

All the best.
Thank you for your kind words. I did not give them a dead-line and perhaps I should with a letter putting my case in no uncertain terms. I can wait though, they can drag this out for as long as they wish, mean while i'll drag their name through the mud on these forums. It can go as far as the Trading Standards, courts, high court, ballifs if they wish. I shall look into Moneyclaim later today though, thankyou for that.
Yes it's sad it has come to this, but I do not trust the dealer to sort that car and so had to act. It is their own fault that they have such a bad image, reputation. You can never trust them in a situation like this. Thanks all

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thank you for your kind words. I did not give them a dead-line and perhaps I should with a letter putting my case in no uncertain terms. I can wait though, they can drag this out for as long as they wish, mean while i'll drag their name through the mud on these forums. It can go as far as the Trading Standards, courts, high court, ballifs if they wish. I shall look into Moneyclaim later today though, thankyou for that.
Yes it's sad it has come to this, but I do not trust the dealer to sort that car and so had to act. It is their own fault that they have such a bad image, reputation. You can never trust them in a situation like this. Thanks all
I wonder if Jim is around, need advice as the dealer has told me to remove the car off their forecourt. The car is now in their name although may not know yet. I may see this car standing on my drive one morning. I guess the situation is the same though no matter where it stands.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have you called citizens advice? Have wrote a letter to the dealer explaining in detail why you have returned it and kept a copy for yourself?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Yes on to Citizens Advice also Money Claim last night. Waiting for things to move with that.
I am all set up with Moneyclaim and also Citizen Advice have put me in touch with County Court Business centre. I will need to be careful what I say on here so will not be on for a while. Unless of course their is a full settlement before all this court business kicks off. Going off the response so far I'm not expecting that to happen. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,099 Posts
I am all set up with Moneyclaim and also Citizen Advice have put me in touch with County Court Business centre. I will need to be careful what I say on here so will not be on for a while. Unless of course their is a full settlement before all this court business kicks off. Going off the response so far I'm not expecting that to happen. Wish me luck.
Wish you all the best of luck and let the forum know the outcome which I'm sure will be successful ! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mickey, as you have rejected the car, it is now the dealer's responsibility what they do with it. They have the keys and must take reasonable care of the car (in their own interest). If you haven't done so yet, follow up with a letter, sent by recorded delivery. Give me a call and I can help drafting the letter, you have my number. It would be nice to come to an agreement with the dealer before it comes to court (which may be a while).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Mickey, as you have rejected the car, it is now the dealer's responsibility what they do with it. They have the keys and must take reasonable care of the car (in their own interest). If you haven't done so yet, follow up with a letter, sent by recorded delivery. Give me a call and I can help drafting the letter, you have my number. It would be nice to come to an agreement with the dealer before it comes to court (which may be a while).
That is exactly what i've done to day. Sent a recorded delivery letter to put the situation straight to them and the added court costs they face. This is a dealership that are not stupid, been down this road before no doubt and know exactly where I'm coming from. I think they are testing me at the moment and going to the wire. We'll see. Thanks for getting back to me with advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. Same happend to my 6 months old Sandero Stepway, gas version. I'm from Serbia.

Just one day battery was flat, had 6 volts. Auto remote doors lock stoped working a couple of days before that. I thought it's just a software bug, but it was due to very low battery. Same with the door lock happened a month ago and now I see the battery was the issue, but the engine started back than.

Service guy said there is some issue with start stop batteries, also with other Renault group cars. On the question what is the solution, he wasn't so confident. Seams like they changed a battery for some customers, but as mine passed the official test, this time they didn't had a reason to do so. If it occurres once more, we'll see than, that was the final word.

In the first days of ownership there was the message 'battery low' on the dashboard display, but it sort of worked, engine was starting so I though it just needs some tome to get fit.

I might buy external jump starter. It costs almost 100€ and there is a big chance i won't use it at all, but i like the idea.

Any thoughts about a jump starter idea?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Hi guys. Same happend to my 6 months old Sandero Stepway, gas version. I'm from Serbia

Just one day battery was flat, had 6 volts. Auto remote doors lock stoped working a couple of days before that. I thought it's just a software bug, but it was due to very low battery. Same with the door lock happened a month ago and now I see the battery was the issue, but the engine started back than.

Service guy said there is some issue with start stop batteries, also with other Renault group cars. On the question what is the solution, he wasn't so confident. Seams like they changed a battery for some customers, but as mine passed the official test, this time they didn't had a reason to do so. If it occurres once more, we'll see than, that was the final word.

In the first days of ownership there was the message 'batter low' on the dashboard display, but it sort of worked, engine was starting so I though it just need some tome to get fit.

I might buy external jump starter. It costs almost 100€ and there is a big chance i won't use it at all, but i like the idea.

Any thoughts about a jump starter idea?
The problems with my car are intermitant and so not easy to rectify, spot. Seems the same issue with your's. I had a new battery fitted which did not solve the problem and doubt it will for you by what you say.

I don't think a jump starter is the way forward, it won't solve the problem and to have to go to that extreme to keep your car going is really a non starter (forgive the pun).

In my case because the nature of the the problem I could not see the way forward. Would the dealer try to rectify it by fitting parts, would I continually be fobbed off, try this, try that. I really have no faith in the car and the dealer, my confidence in getting this sorted was virtually nil and for me I felt their was no alternative but to hand the car back with all the hassle that involves.

You take a chance when buying these cars and for most it works out but if you hit problems send it back if you can. Apparantly if you have a credit card involved with the puchase this makes it easier to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If I was a betting man my money would be on the module, gizmo, motherboard or some other progression in vehicle manufacturing today that controls the charging rate is royally screwing up!
And intermittently.
In the good old days we had simple sid state regulation of charging circuits, bullet proof!
Crazy world 🙄

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I was a betting man my money would be on the module, gizmo, motherboard or some other progression in vehicle manufacturing today that controls the charging rate is royally screwing up!
And intermittently.
In the good old days we had simple sid state regulation of charging circuits, bullet proof!
Crazy world 🙄
I suppose it's like you say, I already miss my old Nissan Micra k11 reliability.

Charging logic, software or electronics might be crappy. I just tested a battery and charging with multimeter. 2 days without turning on the car, it's -5C at the moment and the battery and charging voltages were all good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Seems like I've got a settlement, but: they want to charge 40p per mile, with 2203 miles that's £881. I think that's excessive. They have also said I have to remove the car if I don't except the offer.
What do you all think. I could just accept and move on now, also I can get some road tax back.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,099 Posts
I personally would accept that and move on - sorry you've had such a shitty experience
The HMRC quote the allowance rate as 45p per mile up to 10,000 miles and 25p thereafter, so the rate is not excessive. :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
266 Posts
I personally would accept that and move on - sorry you've had such a shitty experience
Definitely second that. Presumably it's now put you off buying another Dacia, which would be a shame.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts