UK Dacia Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Yes it's accepted, just sent an email off. I did the right thing as the manager is saying the car is fine, problem solved and yet done nothing. He says the car started after standing, and so the bullshit keeps coming. I would have had that forever and a day

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,020 Posts
The HMRC quote the allowance rate as 45p per mile up to 10,000 miles and 25p thereafter, so the rate is not excessive. :)
Not that good when the HMRC rate is for everything tax, insurance and fuel! But is inline with charges for excess mileage in lease cars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Definitely second that. Presumably it's now put you off buying another Dacia, which would be a shame.
It certainly nocked the confidence. I loved the car, the engine was brilliant for a three cylinder at least, but the renault electrics are a problem and others are complaining about this. I'm going with the japanese next, maybe a Vatara.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just read this today, firstly am surprised that the garage did not do a parasitic draw test to find out if a component or short circuit was draining the battery, if you have a cheap meter and look on youtube it is relatively easy to perform yourself.
Secondly, you did not state if you had purchased your car on finance, I have had problems years ago with dealers and quickly learned from legal advice to involve the finance company as technically the car belongs to them until the final payment is made, the clue is in the title,,,,," Hire Purchase Agreement", effectively you are hiring the car until final payment.
I see you have resolved the situation and hope you have trouble free motoring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Just read this today, firstly am surprised that the garage did not do a parasitic draw test to find out if a component or short circuit was draining the battery, if you have a cheap meter and look on youtube it is relatively easy to perform yourself.
Secondly, you did not state if you had purchased your car on finance, I have had problems years ago with dealers and quickly learned from legal advice to involve the finance company as technically the car belongs to them until the final payment is made, the clue is in the title,,,,," Hire Purchase Agreement", effectively you are hiring the car until final payment.
I see you have resolved the situation and hope you have trouble free motoring.
Must have been quite a read for you starting at the begining, and no I bought it cash.
It was not for me to try and diagnose the problem. The trouble was the fault was intermitant and was their more than one fault as their was constant messages stating battery low charge, even with a new battery. So it was not charging as it should and twice drained the battery overnight.
The electronics on these cars are beyond the normal mechanic and so it is simply not good enough to expect a dealership to solve these sort of issue's. They can't, no one has the right training, equipment. Their should be a built in system in the charging circuit so that components can be checked. Mechanics trained to find faults, why is the battery being drained, what components drain the battery. Nobody has a clue at the moment.
I see a whole lot of trouble in the future and they call this progress.
It is the dealer more than anything who failed me and so I did the only thing I could in the circumstances and give it back.
I'm still having to wait for the refund as the V5 is at DVLA, so may be weeks for this to return. Happy days will return I'm sure :giggle: Meanwhile I'm drinking lots of🍺and🍷to keep me sain🤪 and dreaming of a new🚗 prefably with a good old fashoned key😎

·
Registered
57 Posts
Must have been quite a read for you starting at the begining, and no I bought it cash.
It was not for me to try and diagnose the problem. The trouble was the fault was intermitant and was their more than one fault as their was constant messages stating battery low charge, even with a new battery. So it was not charging as it should and twice drained the battery overnight.
The electronics on these cars are beyond the normal mechanic and so it is simply not good enough to expect a dealership to solve these sort of issue's. They can't, no one has the right training, equipment. Their should be a built in system in the charging circuit so that components can be checked. Mechanics trained to find faults, why is the battery being drained, what components drain the battery. Nobody has a clue at the moment.
I see a whole lot of trouble in the future and they call this progress.
It is the dealer more than anything who failed me and so I did the only thing I could in the circumstances and give it back.
I'm still having to wait for the refund as the V5 is at DVLA, so may be weeks for this to return. Happy days will return I'm sure :giggle: Meanwhile I'm drinking lots of🍺and🍷to keep me sain🤪 and dreaming of a new🚗 prefably with a good old fashoned key😎
Parasitic draw test is done when a fully charged battery loses it's charge over a short period of time and after the alternator has been proven to be charging at the required rate.

It's a way of finding out if a component, be it a glove box light, boot light or anything else electrical continues to draw on the battery when the car is idle, any mechanic worth his salary, ie the dealer should have considered this when trying to fix the car, cars nowadays in my opinion are increasingly becoming impossible for the owner to maintain or service without spending many, many pounds on diagnostic equipment and I for one hate being held prisoner to them and their exorbitant rates and practices, but it's not only the car makers, our old central heating boiler lasted 20 years, we bought a new one, not cheap either 3 grand including installation, it's 10 years old now and looks like it needs replacing, main problem is that the unions inside are not made of metal but plastic so these parts do not age very well, I believe this is also a problem in some newer cars as well, progress ? as Jim Royal would say,,,,," my arse ".

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Parasitic draw test is done when a fully charged battery loses it's charge over a short period of time and after the alternator has been proven to be charging at the required rate.

It's a way of finding out if a component, be it a glove box light, boot light or anything else electrical continues to draw on the battery when the car is idle, any mechanic worth his salary, ie the dealer should have considered this when trying to fix the car, cars nowadays in my opinion are increasingly becoming impossible for the owner to maintain or service without spending many, many pounds on diagnostic equipment and I for one hate being held prisoner to them and their exorbitant rates and practices, but it's not only the car makers, our old central heating boiler lasted 20 years, we bought a new one, not cheap either 3 grand including installation, it's 10 years old now and looks like it needs replacing, main problem is that the unions inside are not made of metal but plastic so these parts do not age very well, I believe this is also a problem in some newer cars as well, progress ? as Jim Royal would say,,,,," my arse ".
Business have their own interpretation of progress, ie. when they have you by the short and curlies. The thing is though I was having none of it, talk about throwing a dummy out of the pram, they don't like it. Is this a step to far for Dacia, time will tell.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts