UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that if you unlock the car but don't get in, that after around 2 minutes the car locks again? Happened to me today. Was drinking a takeaway coffee, unlocked the car but stood outside then the car locked again. Thought I had inadvertently pressed the lock button on the fob so unlocked again. Two minutes later the car locked itself. good that my keys were not in the car.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Has anyone noticed that if you unlock the car but don't get in, that after around 2 minutes the car locks again? Happened to me today. Was drinking a takeaway coffee, unlocked the car but stood outside then the car locked again. Thought I had inadvertently pressed the lock button on the fob so unlocked again. Two minutes later the car locked itself. good that my keys were not in the car.
If you had opened a door it would not re-lock ! It's a safety feature that if you inadvertently press the un-lock by accident it will re-lock and the car is secure !! ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I reported this last year on my Duster diesel. People aeem to thinnk its a good idea but i hate it doing it. I dont want auto locking at all and asked my dealer to turn it off but they didnt even know the cars did it and wouldnt or couldnt stop it doing it. it drives me mad as i cant open it or unlock the doors , pick something up to load into it without the flaming auto lock 'feature' cutting in. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I reported this last year on my Duster diesel. People aeem to thinnk its a good idea but i hate it doing it. I dont want auto locking at all and asked my dealer to turn it off but they didnt even know the cars did it and wouldnt or couldnt stop it doing it. it drives me mad as i cant open it or unlock the doors , pick something up to load into it without the flaming auto lock 'feature' cutting in. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you have opened any door once, that should defeat it, it does on mine !! ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Everything I've ever used or driven with central locking do this, some don't even give you 2 minutes.
We used to have an MAN tractorcab at work that used to lock it's doors and shut the windows aftter about 5 minutes, even with the ignition on... I think that one caught all of us out at work, some more than once... :$ Especially as circle checks take about 10 mins :-(
The solution is to just open the door, then to be safe only shut it on its first catch, leaving it shut, but unable to lock itself... Or one of those stretchy cords attached to your belt buckle that won't let you out of the car without taking the keys with you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've tried the holding of the unlock button in my 2013 Stepway and done a video for those who wanted to see what happens and the beep.

Hope it helps

Martyn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts