UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, being a new car owner (first time) I've caught the car cleaning bug! I'm going to be giving it 'the works' before winter kicks in which is generally august in Scotland.. Any tips as to what reasonably priced products I could use?

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Asda have got Demon shine (pink) on offer for £2 normally £4.99. Spray on car when you have washed it and micro fibre cloth to wipe it off. Easier than polishing and really shiny.Smells of bubblegum too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to have a proper go at it in October when I'm off. Clay bar (Autoglym) paint cleaner and wax.. Hopefully turn out nice!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Defo Autoglym all the way, Very easy to use, especially getting it off unlike some polishes that dry so hard that you need real elbow grease to get them off.... A bottle of Autoglym lasts and lasts as you use it very sparingly so long term its real value for money and more importantly it does what it says on the tin ( I mean bottle lol )

See Topic #3 in my post here....
http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/7481-stepway-my-modifications/page-2#entry119553

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good... I'm hoping for similar results. Hopefully weather will hold up long enough!!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Looks good... I'm hoping for similar results. Hopefully weather will hold up long enough!!

Once you have the gloss coat protection on the car it is easy to clean in the future, I just have to give my car a quick once over with plain water with my pressure washer and its sparkling clean, Every 4th wash I will give it a treat and shampoo it only with Autoglym shampoo / conditioner of course..

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Asda have got Demon shine (pink) on offer for £2 normally £4.99. Spray on car when you have washed it and micro fibre cloth to wipe it off. Easier than polishing and really shiny.Smells of bubblegum too.
Got some of this today, works a treat, thanks tipsy :) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts