UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I rang to see what difference the new car will make to my insurance (£80 more until June with my current insurer, then £20 less with a different one for next year). The person I spoke to asked if there would be any modifications to the car. As it stands that would be a "no" but I see there are quite a few things available as after market additions, from chrome handle covers and seat covers to bull bars. At one point should we be informing our insurers of any additions we make?

For instance I have ordered a Laureatte in Mariana Blue. If the car arrives with the silver handles I may at some point add the chrome covers, is this a modification? I also quite like some of the bull bars, I can understand this is a more major modification, should this be disclosed as such to our insurers.

It is however highly likely that the only addition I make is more and more fuel;-)

6 weeks to go

·
Registered
431 Posts
We've actually had this before but I can't find the tread.

Anyway basically it will not affect you insurance if you modify with original Dacia accessories (or similar aftermarket repo's) and no need to inform them. However if you put in a fancy stereo you may need to tell them as it make the car a bigger target than say with an original stereo. Well that is what the case is herein Ireland anyway.

Also if you modify in the propper since you may need to make the aware .. I.e. physical changes to the car body etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts