UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I've not used them for years but if you use them remove that monster antenna, I've already had min tangled with the garage door. also avoid the ones with brushes, they seem to leave buffer marks on any edges like the bonnet and fall of the roof.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Its like everything else' cheaper and better to do it yourself. treated myself to one of those brushes that attach to the hose and you put a soap stick in; its brilliant' Invest in a good shampoo/wax and a decent chamois and your all set'

·
Registered
211 Posts
I thought I'd seen something in Tobster's "Washing Sandy" thread but that was Magifoam I think, but have found a thread in General Chat started on 4 June called "Car Plan Snow Foam" - hope that helps you anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I get the nice chaps in the tesco car park to do mine every couple of weeks whilst I shop ^_^

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The ones that do the whole car with one bucket of water :D
you should see the guys that I was watching while I was having my break a few weeks back, all they did was wet 2 wash glove things and wipe the cars down,wiping all over so dragging all the crud off the sills all over the roof etc, without re wetting once. hosepipe and dry off with the dirty looking chamois that was kept on the floor.
Now if you didn't have swirl marks before, you would after visiting these guys.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I went and had my paint tested at camerons vw (having a few bits sorted under warranty) and my paint is really thick.
170 micron in places. Avg 50% thicker across the board than a nearby golf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, since ruining a nice new Vauxhall Omega in automatic car washes (leaves scratch lines everywhere) I either do it myself, or go to those good Eastern Europeans who Hand Wash.

First they rinse off with a high pressure washer, then soap, then rinse, finally polish & leather - all for around £6 (Nottingham).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I always wash the car myself by hand.
This way you can see if there any issues with the body work or any other issues.

I usually start by washing the underneath the car. It is important to remove any mud or road salts.

This gives me opportunity to inspect the underneath the car.
Then I wash the body and finally apply a wax coiver.

·
Registered
313 Posts
NOOOOOOO!!!

The paint is too thin, you could end up with a DeLorean style Dacia
I was thinking that would be pretty cool - At least you would spot the rust straight away...... ROFL! :D :ph34r:

I have got that Showroom Shine by Greased Lightening - Its quick and easy, and after several nervous squirts, it really doesn't scratch the paintwork....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts