UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, first time here. My Duster is one year old now and I inserted a CD in the player the other day and it accepted it but would not play. It just said error and to eject it. It would not eject and I eventually got it out with a tweesers and there was 2 cds in there. Radio worked until I went over a speed ramp and it turned off. Now the radio won't turn on but the screen has a light on but with no text. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, first time here. My Duster is one year old now and I inserted a CD in the player the other day and it accepted it but would not play. It just said error and to eject it. It would not eject and I eventually got it out with a tweesers and there was 2 cds in there. Radio worked until I went over a speed ramp and it turned off. Now the radio won't turn on but the screen has a light on but with no text. Any ideas?
Hi, my first time too! Have recently had the same problem with mine, CD player was saying CD ejecting and no CD was ejecting. I had assumed no CD was present and inserted a CD which was accepted by the CD player. The CD player didnt play and all the time said CD ejecting with no success. On taking to the dealership they removed two CDs and now the CD player won't play. Apparently this is not covered on my warranty yet the CD player was at fault in the first place not ejecting the CD. Anyone else have issues with the CD player?

·
Registered
841 Posts
The Dacia 'Plug& Radio', aka 'Classic Radio/CD player' is slot loading, and slot loaders can be finicky. If they have had two CD's inserted the ejector mech can be strained.

The options are 1) Get it repaired, 2) Replace it with one from a breaker's yard or Ebay, or 3) Replace with an aftermarket one, which will cost around £80 including hands-free connectors for the steering column, or £60 without.

Ebay Dacia radios tend to be over-priced, Silverlake breakers often have them, mine was £55. They sometimes appear in the For Sale section here.

The used one in my car was made in 2013 and runs without problems.

Replacement radios are easy to fit and there are several guides on here.

Or, just use the USB memory stick reader. :)

On some cars without a cabin 'pollen filter' sticky residue tends to build up inside everything, including the CD player.

http://www.silverlake.co.uk/breakers/

Fitting an aftermarket radio:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/49-fitting-a-single-din-jvckenwood-radio-to-a-logan-mcv/

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
The Dacia 'Plug& Radio', aka 'Classic Radio/CD player' is slot loading, and slot loaders can be finicky. If they have had two CD's inserted the ejector mech can be strained.

The options are 1) Get it repaired, 2) Replace it with one from a breaker's yard or Ebay, or 3) Replace with an aftermarket one, which will cost around £80 including hands-free connectors for the steering column, or £60 without.

Ebay Dacia radios tend to be over-priced, Silverlake breakers often have them, mine was £55. They sometimes appear in the For Sale section here.

The used one in my car was made in 2013 and runs without problems.

Replacement radios are easy to fit and there are several guides on here.

Or, just use the USB memory stick reader. :)

On some cars without a cabin 'pollen filter' sticky residue tends to build up inside everything, including the CD player.

http://www.silverlake.co.uk/breakers/

Fitting an aftermarket radio:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/49-fitting-a-single-din-jvckenwood-radio-to-a-logan-mcv/
@allygray might have one for sale that is only a couple of months old as he has just upgraded his to a medianav.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the advice, however my issue I think is with Dacia UK. If the CD player is faulty I would assume it was covered on the warranty. However the Dealership want to charge me £400 to replace it when it is a fault on the actual CD player. Wanted to see if anyone else had this problem as they had never come across it before.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thank you for the advice, however my issue I think is with Dacia UK. If the CD player is faulty I would assume it was covered on the warranty. However the Dealership want to charge me £400 to replace it when it is a fault on the actual CD player. Wanted to see if anyone else had this problem as they had never come across it before.
Its a bit of a difficult one, Yes it really should be covered under warranty and replaced if faulty... However they have pulled out 2 disc's so they will be saying you should not insert 2 disc's into it so it has become faulty due to a user error which is not covered under warranty.

So really you will have to prove somehow that you only put in a second disc due to a fault with the unit indicating there was no disc in it when it did have a disc in it when you inserted the second disc.

Be firm don't let the dealer palm you off.

If you get nowhere with the dealer go to Dacia C/S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts