UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having opted out of the pack that included the central arm rest, I decided the storage would be useful.

took delivery of the kit but the instructions do not match the UK spec.

Has any one installed the arm rest on a Laureate?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tried to last night and nearly ruined the interior of my car. Doesn't quite fit and danger of breaking snap shut clips and cracking central console, both of which I have done, including drilling holes in the wrong place. Now reduced to a botch job at the weekend and patching my damage. The aftermarket one I bought doesn't quite fit and some fit the European model which I think is slightly different. An original armrest might be better. The problem is you really need to get the whole console up and off the gear lever, but there are electrics, wires and switches attached to that. I'm sure someone more capable than I could give you better advice though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about the problems. I've obtained my arm rest through Renault / Dacia. I've now arranged for the garage to do the job and they can take the risk.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The aftermarket one I bought doesn't quite fit and some fit the European model which I think is slightly different.
Many of the links to aftermarket spares on the forum are for European suppliers so this is good information, thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does the Dusters official arm rest fit without any drilling required? I'm thinking of getting one but only if it is a simple screw in/bolt on job.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Mine arrived and I picked it up on Friday.

There was a fitted armrest included with the touring pack ( twobar roofbars) but the lid seems very flimsy and can flex sideways when you lean on oi tho shift your weight.

I fear it will not las long.

It also makes the seatbelt clip, and the seat-back -angle adjusting knob virtually unaccessible....but hey ho!! :mellow:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Garage fitted the arm rest and it took over 2 hours whereas the guide said 45 minutes. The garage said "Never again!"

Agree that the arm rest does make it difficult to use handbrake and fix seatbelts. Does give more storage though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts