UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have recently noticed some posts making reference to getting windows tinted, so I thought I might point out the way European legislation is moving (drifting ??). It may end up here in time!

From the New Year , "Tints" in the front of cars in France (which are very popular (185 K fitted per year) because of the sun) will be illegal, with an enforced removal and 135 Euro fine plus 3 points.

Also of some note, are the new reduced alcohol levels for younger drivers and the banning of earpieces and also hands free kits (from mobiles I think) . The various fines are draconian and I thought that our community of Dacia drivers, many of whom traverse France without actually living there, should be made aware. I Hope I am not teaching my betters to suck eggs

By the way, my Duster Prime is now 1 month old and going like a dream. Very pleased thus far.

Regards to all in the forum community.

Aurs.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Think you'll find were way ahead of you on this one as any sort of tint on the front is a no no in the UK'

the younger driver thing and alcohol is a bit pointless as statistics prove that bizarrely in the UK that age group are actually more responsible when it comes to drink driving

·
Registered
175 Posts
As above, window tints in the front are also illegal in the UK. (Unless you have them so clear they are pointless- 70% light Penetration). Any front tints could also be used as an excuse for your insurance not to pay out in the event of a crash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts