UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 20 reg, 1.0 ltr dacia duster comfort edition. It has 34k miles on the clock. We have been driving it around for about a week no more than 100 miles and we keep getting the service light accompanied by the traction control error but the actual centre console says "check injection, check hill start assist and check auto stop start. Has anyone encountered this? Is it common fault or sign of worse things to come.

·
Registered
37 Posts
can't help you there, but a degrading battery might give warnings of the second and third type. check injection (hopefully it isn't a lpg car), i don't see battery related. But seeing how new your car is, i'd go back to the dealer/garage.

·
Registered
296 Posts
34k miles in 2 years suggests that the car should have had at least 2 annual services plus possibly more than this oil changes .
Have you checked the service record. All error codes would have been cleared at the last service . Is a service due
The 34K suggests a trigger for oil service required . This is normal
If you have only recently acquired the car I would contact the garage. if it's not three year old it should still be under warrant.
Yes service light will come on if a service is needed or oil is detected that needs changinand or has not been reset at the last annual service.

Ambvol

·
Registered
296 Posts
34k miles in 2 years suggests that the car should have had at least 2 annual services plus possibly more than this oil changes .
Have you checked the service record. All error codes would have been cleared at the last service . Is a service due
The 34K suggests a trigger for oil service required . This is normal
If you have only recently acquired the car I would contact the garage. if it's not three year old it should still be under warrant.
Yes service light will come on if a service is needed or oil is detected that needs changinand or has not been reset at the last annual service.

Ambvol
Further thoughts.

It sounds like you might have bought the car privately. . It is a higher mileage than normal 2 year car perhaps at a cheaper than average price. Usually the last owner will sell their car before an expensive service or check is needed.

Certainly the many alerts might point to problems being found but any solutions suggested would be speculative without connecting a scanner. Perhaps the last owner knew of these problems needing attention , perhaps the last owner had been trying to reset the service alert and had messed the program. .

Ambvol

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have recently purchased a 20 reg, 1.0 ltr dacia duster comfort edition. It has 34k miles on the clock. We have been driving it around for about a week no more than 100 miles and we keep getting the service light accompanied by the traction control error but the actual centre console says "check injection, check hill start assist and check auto stop start. Has anyone encountered this? Is it common fault or sign of worse things to come.
I had had the "check injection" flag up soon after I bought the Sandero which sent the vehicle into limp mode, only 100-200m from home but a nerve wracking experience with it eventually taken back to the dealer on a flatbed.
Picked up the following day and no recurrence.
They didn't change injectors, the only explanation given was "software update", today's version of "the sprocket dangler mis-angled it's approach to the ferrule spinner which caused a tungsten leak in your lamps, and from there it was all downhill I'm afraid"...
There is so much which can go wrong on a network, hence the stream of patches to known problems with updates, it's no longer a DIY fix.

·
Registered
37 Posts
"the only explanation given was "software update", today's version of "the sprocket dangler mis-angled it's approach to the ferrule spinner which caused a tungsten leak in your lamps, and from there it was all downhill I'm afraid"... ":rolleyes::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts