UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was advised by my dealer that I would be offered choice of registration numbers from a list (when my Duster arrives). I will discuss again with my sales contact, but wondering how this has worked out for others. For instance; how many variant reg' numbers were you offered?

(In passing: mine will either start WK63 or WL63 - easy guess on regional letters I'm most likely to choose, but we'll see!).

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I was given no choice at all......told it gets allocated...!

Shame cos I would have liked to choose the plate for my first ever brand new car....even if it was between just 2 !

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was told mine was allocated also so had no choice.

Pleased with mine though as it is only one letter different from my parents new car. Would have been even better if theirs had been a duster, but the poor service I received from my dealer put them off, so they got themselves an asx. 2 week delivery!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
My dealer told me the beginning of my number SY 13 which happens to be the same as my old number SY 09 so I asked him if he could get me the same last three letters as well and he did, so for now at least I will have the 'same' number + 4 as my old car. Still dithering about whether to get a personalised plate though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I asked the salesman if I could choose my reg plate, which I replied yes. So I was given a A4 sheet with all the reg number allocated to the garage. So I just choose one of them. There was a quite a variation available.

The first letter is the region where the car is to be registered ie. L for London, B for Birmingham etc. The next letter is sub region. For instance in London there are 3 sub-regions: Borehamwood, Wimbledon and another one I can't remember. Each sub region is given a group of letters ie. A-G for Borehamwood. So you have a variation with the 2nd letter. The last 3 letters are random. There is a DVLA website which tells how the reg number is put together.

So with my choice the last couple of letters were 13OOB which looks like BOOB at a distance.

So I guess you just need to ask the salesman.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the old days, Cornish numbers contained RL, AF & CV. Unfortunately, someone managed to acquire ORL 6. I did have to think about it for a while! I saw it here in Cornwall, so I guess owner has to be forgiven.

(Hope this doesn't get me any warning points!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts