UK Dacia Forum banner

Chrome indicators?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DaciaCymru 
#1 ·
Anyone tried swapping out the orange indicator bulbs for chrome ones? I put a pair in today and took them out again, they look good when off but give a very feeble light when flashing compared to the originals. They are no-name bulbs marked 21w which is what is needed but still crap.

#4 ·
I just got the ones "alfords sell. theryre fine. are you looking at the indicators "indicating" from 7meters behind your car especially in daylight? it's all in the lamp reflectors you see? :)
7mtrs? no more like 4. I tried one of each in the front and put the hazards on, the difference between the two bulbs was very noticable. I'd say the amber bulb was 2 or 3 times brighter.

I might try a pair of the Osram ones if rhey're likely to be much better.

#5 ·
7mtrs? no more like 4. I tried one of each in the front and put the hazards on, the difference between the two bulbs was very noticable. I'd say the amber bulb was 2 or 3 times brighter.
I might try a pair of the Osram ones if rhey're likely to be much better.
like I say the halfords ones I got are fine. not had anyone shaking their fist , in an up and down manner, at me coz they couldn't see my indicators.;)

#6 ·
Most drivers round here seem to use the "turn then indicate" method anyway.

A few use the Mrs. Merton method of indicating. "I've lived in the same street for 40 years, if people don't know where I am going by now.."

#7 ·
The cheaper ones from my experience can be poor. The named brand is 'silvertec' and they are very good from my past experience of selling them but they are dear (I think they were £15.99 when I worked in a shop that sold them)

Reactions: Troute
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.