UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the second time today the digital clock resetted itself to 00:00.
Anybody else having the same or similar thing happening .

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It was doing it to me when I had battery problems, no power = clock reset. It's probably not your battery so it might be that there's a loose connection to the dashboard. Have you seen any other symptoms like flickering lights?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was doing it to me when I had battery problems, no power = clock reset. It's probably not your battery so it might be that there's a loose connection to the dashboard. Have you seen any other symptoms like flickering lights?
No other symptoms and vehicle was being driven on both occasions ..... another trip back to the dealership ....... roll on June when I can get rid of it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the Duster back to dealership AGAIN.....(Renault Enfield) explained what the problem was and what was happening ie the clock keeps resetting to 00:00.

Service desk guy was most sympathetic and listened carefully to what i had to say...... then he typed in my reg number and remarked that and i quote ' wow you have had your car back here 6 times in 9 months for repair/warranty work are you after your own parking space' unquote.

Oh how i laughed......chuckle chuckle and then i was told they can put the car on diagnostic machine but were doubtful that a 'clock failure/fault may not show up' and if i wanted it done it could be booked in in 2 weeks time.

'Great yet another day off work to get this sorted' i told him.....his reply 'its only a clock ...do i not own a wrist watch or even a mobile phone with a clock on it as a BACK UP...'that was it

Asked to speak to service manager and told him what i thought of his staff and their attitude and told him that i was sory i didnt buy a clio to drag around as a BACK UP for when the duster was in being repaired again.. he was worse than useless and told me if i had a problem to ring Dacia cs so rang Dacia cs people while in the dealers and explained it all to them and got even less help from them.

Just as a long shot this afternoon wifey contacted Renault Romford and told them what the problem ect...result car was taken there late this afternoon and will be looked at first thing in the morning....even got a courtessy car that i didnt ask for....

Will update when i know more

·
Registered
407 Posts
Now that would av got my back up just a bit!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
This could be of no help but I had a clio for 11 years from new and every so often mileage/mpg would reset for no apparent reason. Dealers never found cause but the only thing that I realised was that it only happened when it rained l finally sold car no other probs

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the Duster back today from Renault Romford( Great customer service from them ) and clock resetting was down to loose electrical block/plug fittment behind speedo housing.... also the car had been cleaned top to toe inside and out nice and shiney again.....until the weekend that is until it goes back to Norfolk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts