UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 63 reg Dacia Stepway, over the last few months I have had a shudder when engaging first gear and pulling away. It feels as if my front wheels are spinning, but not using the clutch quick enough to spin them.

The dealership say they need to work on the gearbox and clutch. They say if its some damage caused by me it will cost £1000 to replace.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with the clutch / gearbox in first gear ???

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a 63 reg Dacia Stepway, over the last few months I have had a shudder when engaging first gear and pulling away. It feels as if my front wheels are spinning, but not using the clutch quick enough to spin them.

The dealership say they need to work on the gearbox and clutch. They say if its some damage caused by me it will cost £1000 to replace.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with the clutch / gearbox in first gear ???
hi there, is it only 1st gear? Is it a diesel or petrol? Do the revs rise at all then drop back down while in gear accelerating?

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
hello. I wondered why Dacia wouldnt be fixing this under warranty? What dealership did you go to in Essex?
...the OP says 'They say if its some damage caused by me it will cost £1000 to replace' therefore if it is not damage caused by the OP it will be a warranty repair

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there . I wouldnt accept that unless youve done 20.000 miles in your first year and wrecked every cars clutch you ever owned. Brand new cars would have to be totally abused to damage a clutch in such a short space of time. Do you use the stepway for pulling a caravan? Sounds like a manufacturer fault.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Hi Steven6968

Did you manage to get your car sorted, my sandero stepway has been doing the same thing.

I took it into a dealer and they said the exact same thing as what was said to you, I then contacted Dacia Customer Services and they agreed to pay the dealer to open the gearbox up to find out what the problem is. After the dealer had my car for 2 weeks they finally came back to me saying my clutch plate needs replacing which is down to wear and tear(my car has only done 22000 miles). They want to charge me £339 just for the clutch kit.

Surely this is something Dacia needs to look at as after a little research I have found out that this is quite a common problem

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Steven6968

Did you manage to get your car sorted, my sandero stepway has been doing the same thing.

I took it into a dealer and they said the exact same thing as what was said to you, I then contacted Dacia Customer Services and they agreed to pay the dealer to open the gearbox up to find out what the problem is. After the dealer had my car for 2 weeks they finally came back to me saying my clutch plate needs replacing which is down to wear and tear(my car has only done 22000 miles). They want to charge me £339 just for the clutch kit.

Surely this is something Dacia needs to look at as after a little research I have found out that this is quite a common problem
My dci Stepway has started doing this so will keep an eye on this

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Clutch judder my 2014 stepway with 18845 miles got new clutch and slave cylinder (found uneven contact between friction @ pressure plate) so if ur car is judder first thing in morning and ur clutch bite is right up to top of pedal then UV got the same problem as mine and it warantry work

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Rhys my son and me went down to dealers told him judder first thing in morning and clutch bite normal then clutch bite foot almost of pedal dealer split gear box and found friction @pressure plate but never lost temper with dealer

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Clutch judder it not ware @tare it found that friction on pressure plate that cause so C/S now now there prob with clutch cause mine was warantry job so they can't back down

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks bud, do you have any paperwork you could possibly send me to prove you got yours sorted?

Sorry to be a pain

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi mikemj, are you able to give me some details of how to go about getting it fixed on the warranty?
Clutch judder my 2014 stepway with 18845 miles got new clutch and slave cylinder (found uneven contact between friction @ pressure plate) so if ur car is judder first thing in morning and ur clutch bite is right up to top of pedal then UV got the same problem as mine and it warantry work

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks so much mike, unfortunately I'm struggling to read it...looks like it would definitely help me fight my cause though

1 - 20 of 35 Posts