UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, just a quick one here but do any of you or should I say any of your cars suffer from clutch judder in first gear? when I pull away especially first thing in the morning have terrible clutch judder. car is a diesel and only done 7k miles. many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
This might be due to a leak or defective concentric slave cylinder or oil leaking onto the clutch..does it do it after you have driven it for a while and everything had warmed up..

·
Registered
425 Posts
it does it first thing then its ok so all very strange
Ok then it does sound like there is something leaking oil onto the clutch plate or pressure plate and its getting burned off at start up..go to your dealer don't let them fob you off this is basic mechanical knowledge and some thing a 2nd year apprentice would know..

http://www.aa1car.com/library/2004/bf40459.htm

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took car in a few weeks ago for window strip problem and mentioned clutch to them then and their reply was we,ve not heard of any problems yet as they are new dealership. will contact them tomorrow as its definatly getting worse.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I took car in a few weeks ago for window strip problem and mentioned clutch to them then and their reply was we,ve not heard of any problems yet as they are new dealership. will contact them tomorrow as its definatly getting worse.
HaHa,
The service manager at the dealer tried to tell me it was caused by supermarket fuel, But the idiot could not explain why it happened within 50yards of the dealers when I picked up the brand new car from them with the BP fuel they had put in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know for sure if I am experiencing the same thing, when the motor is cold and take off with the clutch slipping the engine sometimes start to shake pretty hard. It seems to be related to outside temperature and it seems to be worse with the eco mode so perhaps the motor is running to lean? Does this match with your clutch judder? Dealer says its normal for a 3cilinder...

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
Don't know for sure if I am experiencing the same thing, when the motor is cold and take off with the clutch slipping the engine sometimes start to shake pretty hard. It seems to be related to outside temperature and it seems to be worse with the eco mode so perhaps the motor is running to lean? Does this match with your clutch judder? Dealer says its normal for a 3cilinder...

I dont get this with my 0.9 Tce stepway it pull like a train from the word GOOOOO.. :eek:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

should be no judder, I've also had 3 cylinders before, the only characteristic it seems to share is that thrumming noise the engines make.
It has a wobble at idle, but slightly less than my last one.
The clutch shouldn't slip, if it's slipping it'll only get worse over time i reckon.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I got this with my 63 reg 21k miles 1.5 dci Stepway when cold, is this something that will be covered by warranty ?
should be, as long as they don't try to take it down the wear and tear route.
They probably won't, I've been in a similar situation with Citroen, they where terrible to deal with.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It should be covered by warranty and don't let them tell you otherwise. If they try and claim wear and tear after 21k then it is unacceptable and they must be fitting inferior parts. Only what is classed as "consumables" (can't think of the correct word I'm looking for) tires, brakes etc should maybe need doing at that sort of mileage. Give us some feedback if or when you hear anything. ????

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
It should be covered by warranty and don't let them tell you otherwise. If they try and claim wear and tear after 21k then it is unacceptable and they must be fitting inferior parts. Only what is classed as "consumables" (can't think of the correct word I'm looking for) tires, brakes etc should maybe need doing at that sort of mileage. Give us some feedback if or when you hear anything.
For it to be classed as fair wear & tear you must have had a reasonable amount of use from it, 21K from a clutch would not be acceptable as fair wear & tear.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Agreed on both the last posts, the clutch does suffer wear and tear, but not enough for it to fail at 21k, the earliest clutch replacement I've needed has been on the wife's ka, and that had almost 80,000 on it at the time.
Our c max is at 50,000 and the clutch is fine, the way my wife drives I was expecting to have replaced it by now.
My experience is only with Citroen, I wouldn't tar all manufacturers with the same brush, ford treat me fine, and Nissan treat Me like a king, even though I drove their cheapest car ;-)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Agreed on both the last posts, the clutch does suffer wear and tear, but not enough for it to fail at 21k, the earliest clutch replacement I've needed has been on the wife's ka, and that had almost 80,000 on it at the time.
Our c max is at 50,000 and the clutch is fine, the way my wife drives I was expecting to have replaced it by now.
My experience is only with Citroen, I wouldn't tar all manufacturers with the same brush, ford treat me fine, and Nissan treat Me like a king, even though I drove their cheapest car ;-)
Some manufacturers are good. My mate recently brought a second hand Skoda rapid for about 10k through a private sale. After 1 month the clutch went and Skoda replaced it as a good will gesture.
I still think he should have noticed clutch on test drive but that's besides the point. Dacia don't have a good track record with customer satisfaction and claims, namely the rust fiasco.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Has any one went back to complain about clutch judder on any of the dacia vehicles mines getting really bad now fell it in 1 and 2 gear now my stepway has only done 18000 miles my Mondeo had 196000 miles had only 2 clutches in that miles recon be trip to dealer see wat said

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
All sounds bad, any of the ones with a tce got a high clutch bite to go with the judder? My clutch bite is low on mine, but I'm not having any problems just yet, but it looks like it could be an issue that will arise.
My sister had aygos from when they first came out, both clutches failed early, but got them done under warranty because it was a common problem, the original clutch was apparently not robust enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My sandero stepway has been doing the same thing(judder).

I took it into a dealer and they said they can't see anything wrong so they will have to open the gearbox and if they find out the clutch place is worn down the full cost would be charged to me(appox £1000). I then contacted Dacia Customer Services and they agreed to pay the dealer to open the gearbox up to find out what the problem is. After the dealer had my car for 2 weeks they finally came back to me on Thursday saying my clutch plate needs replacing which is down to wear and tear(my car has only done 22000 miles). They want to charge me £339 just for the clutch kit.

Surely this is something Dacia needs to look at as after a little research I have found out that this is quite a common problem

Anybody else out there manage to find out what the issue is?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Rhys recon need to email dacia about clutch judder the more complain the better of well be but take it ur stepway is almost 2yr old mine started when it was just over 1 old so that rubbish about clutch ware mine 2yr old march 2016 going email dacia still got 3yr warantry on car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mikemj

mine will be 2 years in April and mine also started a while ago however only properly started realising it was happening when a few people mentioned it while in the car with me. I've posted on the Dacia Facebook page tonight so hoping something will come of it

1 - 20 of 200 Posts