UK Dacia Forum banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Its best to send sensitive info like email addresses or phone numbers etc via pm's rather that post it for all to see it stops any undesirables getting hold of your personal contact details.

Don't take any crap from the dealer, Contact Dacia CS and ask for a manager and fight your corner to get your car fixed under warranty.... Mike had to go through customer services to get his fixed as he had the same trouble with the Dealer.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
well my car went in on Monday 9am and got a call yesterday to say they had done test on gearbox oil and it wasn't right and it was black so as they suspected the gearbox was faulty so along with a new complete clutch its having a new gearbox. the bad vibration in 5th gear was a faulty gearbox and was quite bad. when I find out more about stae of clutch once removed ill update.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
well folks about half hour ago I went and got my car back which was at dealers for 12 days having a brand new gearbox plus complete clutch fitted and box its like driving a completely different car. the gearbox had a definite fault in 5 th gear and the clutch had the dreaded clutch judder first thing in the morning. I asked about cost which Renault would be paying and the gearbox alone was was 2134 pounds plus vat so for new gearbox plus clutch almost 3 grand. the gearbox is now silky smooth and no crunches and the clutch bites almost instantly and dosnt ride so high on the pedal but lovely to drive. id like to say a very big thank-you to all who helped me with this giving me advise and words of wisdom especially mikemj who helped me no end and didn't mind my endless questions but as I said everyone who helped you are stars in your own right and without you all some of us would be totally lost so once again a very big thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
well folks about half hour ago I went and got my car back which was at dealers for 12 days having a brand new gearbox plus complete clutch fitted and box its like driving a completely different car. the gearbox had a definite fault in 5 th gear and the clutch had the dreaded clutch judder first thing in the morning. I asked about cost which Renault would be paying and the gearbox alone was was 2134 pounds plus vat so for new gearbox plus clutch almost 3 grand. the gearbox is now silky smooth and no crunches and the clutch bites almost instantly and dosnt ride so high on the pedal but lovely to drive. id like to say a very big thank-you to all who helped me with this giving me advise and words of wisdom especially mikemj who helped me no end and didn't mind my endless questions but as I said everyone who helped you are stars in your own right and without you all some of us would be totally lost so once again a very big thanks folks.
When my new Skoda developed a faulty gearbox, the dealer stripped the gearbox and replaced the faulty parts ! I bet that cost less than £2134. But, they they are not trained engineers any more, only fitters !! :eek: By the way, I dropped the car off in the morning and picked it up in the late afternoon !! ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Stepway DCi90 Diesel is suffering from clutch judder and so I came to the forum to see if anyone else had the problem and was alarmed at how common it seems to be!

My issue is especially bad when first pulling away in the morning on cold days and when reversing back up on to my slightly elevated driveway. When doing that it squeals and you even get a burning smell sometimes.

My dealer (Harwoods, Isle of Wight) has gone down the 'wear & tear' route even though the car has done only 16700miles since first registration in April 2015, so I've written to Dacia Customer Support in the hope that they can do something for me. The girl on reception said that the clutch is a consumable and is only covered for the first 12 months, even though I have a 5 year warranty.

I actually reported a clutch sound in the first year but the garage could not reproduce it and so took no action.

I really feel like I'm being fobbed off!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
As I have said previously have a Duster and a Stepway both with 1.5Dci engines, 6 speed gearbox and clutch combo beautiful, 5 speed gearbox and clutch combo the clucth has a mind of it's own, look at Renault and Nissan forums they have the same problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone, just a quick one here but do any of you or should I say any of your cars suffer from clutch judder in first gear? when I pull away especially first thing in the morning have terrible clutch judder. car is a diesel and only done 7k miles. many thanks in advance.
I think the clutch judder is caused because the clutch release point is too high, and your foot is still on the clutch pedal near the end of the travel. The clutch release point should be lowered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi everyone, just a quick one here but do any of you or should I say any of your cars suffer from clutch judder in first gear? when I pull away especially first thing in the morning have terrible clutch judder. car is a diesel and only done 7k miles. many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car does exactly the same and is getting worse only just 1 year old will this problem be covered under the warranty

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
My car does exactly the same and is getting worse only just 1 year old will this problem be covered under the warranty
You will be very lucky if they do cover it ! You will be told it's your driving style or wear & tear and hence not covered under warranty ! :mad:

·
Registered
37 Posts
The clutches are a duel mass flywheel arrangement. The friction plate grabs not a solid flywheel but a spring loaded portion of it.
They are supposed to smooth clutch operation but personally I just think they are a money making device. We never needed them for decades right!

On cold start and especially three cylinder engines the firing cycles at low revs can be quite harsh to the drive train and cause the duel mass flywheel to rotate back and forth violently.
I found that by adding more revs and slipping the clutch whilst cold first maneuvering say off the house drive it prevents the judder.
Our sandero, stepway and the diesel duster all did it but the 1.2 duster does not!

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,747 Posts
The fly wheel depends on the engine. The petrol engined Sanderos, at least in the earlier cars, have a solid flywheel.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The diesel yes the petrol 1.2 does not have a dual mass flywheel and is the same part as for the 0.9TCe and SCe75. It also has a cable operated clutch. It is always best to specify year, engine and spec where relevant when posting as there are many variations building up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The diesel yes the petrol 1.2 does not have a dual mass flywheel and is the same part as for the 0.9TCe and SCe75. It also has a cable operated clutch. It is always best to specify year, engine and spec where relevant when posting as there are many variations building up.
In that case then a hot spot has raised a portion of the flywheels surface by possibly holding the vehicle on an incline via the clutch instead of using the handbrake.

Please check the description on the clutch below.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'll trump you with this that is claimed to be from a real car:

Dacia Sandero 2012 On 0.9 PETROL Engine Flywheel | eBay

I never claimed you could not fit a dual mass if you wanted to.

Maybe HTTP99 can give us the answer?

Maybe you and the seller you link to are confused by the timing ring bolted to the fly wheel. That is presumably for the crankshaft position. If you look at 10 o'clock in the photo that I linked to there are two larger segments for the home position presumably. It is not dual mass.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts