UK Dacia Forum banner
141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
well I took my sandero diesel 2015 plate done 11k miles to delaers last night so they could do 1st service today. I told them I still have clutch judder in 1st gear and even though car has been back to delaers twice and twice dealer said they couldn't find any clutch judder. when I dropped car off last night I said I will be here 9am tomorrow morning so don't start the car up until I get here. on arriving they sent mechanic out with me for test drive and the mechanic drove. we get in car and mechanic starts it up and went to pull away and hey ho bad clutch judder. stopped and pulled away again and clutch judder again and so on and so on. now the dealer is having car back and gearbox is coming out as definite fault. ive been talking about this fault with dacia uk and on this forum so dacia uk do know about the clutch judder problem and have done now for about 6 months on my part. my dealer said they hadn't had any reports about clutch judder until mine but remember they told me on 2 occasions while test driving my car without me being there they couldn't find any clutch judder but strange when I was there today bad clutch judder. don't be fobbed off folks its a definite fault and should be rectified at dealers. I paid 12k cash for my car and 12k is a lot of cash to end up with clutch judder but dosnt matter how much you pay your cash is good and hard earnt and the car you buy should come without faults. a warranty is a warranty and if faulty fixed end of. if you don't complain and put up with it then they have got away with it. persevere folks it will come good in the end.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
hi mike, yes I did quote you and your car but cant believe they never noticed this the past 2 times its been in hence me saying right Ill come out in the morning and don't start it up until I get here and yes instant clutch judder which they said didn't show up the 2 previous occasions but strange how it did this time when I was there. I recommend anyone taking their car in to do the same as the mechanic who drove my car said instantly it isn't right so folks if your tolds its normal that's codswallap.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Kriss when u pick ur car up don't pick it up till the following morning and test drive it first that wat I did rem u get yr warantry on new clutch as dacia says all new parts fitted warantry yr

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
hi mike, no I wont pick car up until next day as mine had the clutch judder from cold on first start up. I also got told on yesterdays first service my front brake pads were down to 10 mm and wear limit is 7.5mm and to replace they quoted me 118 pounds & 06p is this right or am I being ripped off ? can I have them fitted elsewhere and still be under cars warranty? seems abit exesive for 4 brake pads.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Kriss seems to me bit rip of at that price for brake pads take it ur car just yr old then would ask why brake pads need replaced after yr u can by dacia brake pads and get other garage replace not lose ur warantry the clutch job will take week to replace and ur entitled to replacement car there must be something rong with ur brakes to need them replaced after yr kriss as long as it dacia parts ur warantry still stands good

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
hi mike, ive had the car exactly one year on the 11th of this month and car has done 11k miles only. the dealer said my pads are now 10mm thick and the wear limit is 7.5 which seems a lot of brakepad to chuck away. ill check with dacia uk as something isn't right here.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Kriss my stepway almost 20000 miles and brake pads still OK must be problem with calaper if they got to be changed or dealer rip off get another dealer to check them first before u contact C/S so u can report them for ur clutch judder and demand new flywheel aswell

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
hi mike, ive had the car exactly one year on the 11th of this month and car has done 11k miles only. the dealer said my pads are now 10mm thick and the wear limit is 7.5 which seems a lot of brakepad to chuck away. ill check with dacia uk as something isn't right here.
The minimum brake pad thickness specified by Dacia is 7.5mm.

There has been many threads on the Original pads wearing quick ( they must be too soft )
Dealers do charge around £100 fitted for replacements...
Some people have bought sets for under £20 ( dealer charges £50 a set ) and fitted them themselves or got a independent garage to fit them.
Search the forum you will find lots of threads on this topic....
If memory serves me correct Phill48 & Roger have both posted links to good quality pads.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ness car that yr old and needs brake pads already that out order plus only 11k mils that would mean resting ur foot on brake all the time would have been diff if been 35k mils on car

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Ness car that yr old and needs brake pads already that out order plus only 11k mils that would mean resting ur foot on brake all the time would have been diff if been 35k mils on car
Brake pads are not as good as they used to be, You are lucky to get 25K out of them. and many things can shorten the life of low quality pads.
Yes if they are changed at 11K that is very poor, but it was a advisory that they were around 10mm... But that depends if they were actual measured or it was them guessing they were down to around 10mm.... Quite often dealers do this as a sales tactic hoping the owner will just say you might as well change them now when the car is in.
Lets say they are really near 12mm.... A brand new pad has approx. 18mm on it.. the first couple of mm wears fast as the pad beds in... Taking it down to 16mm.... so since it has worn 4mm to 12mm thickness so that pad would be half worn.

Brake pads and brake disks are classed as a consumable part so are not covered under warranty, If the pads have even wear there will be no issue with the callipers which are covered under warranty.
There is some recommendations and links for good replacement pads in this thread.
http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/13362-the-big-parts-rip-off-pricing/

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
many thanks nessi and mike as im not letting this rest as needing brake pads in such a short time isn't right.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
many thanks again nessi and when pads do need changing I wont be paying 118 pounds no way. my nephew has his own car repair bussines so ill get him to pop them in.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
many thanks again nessi and when pads do need changing I wont be paying 118 pounds no way. my nephew has his own car repair bussines so ill get him to pop them in.
Your nephew certainly will not rip you off like a stealer will....

And if you want a free second opinion / written report on the condition of your brakes. To see if the stealer is trying to con you.... you can get one here lol...
https://www.kwik-fit.com/brakes

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
The minimum brake pad thickness specified by Dacia is 7.5mm.

There has been many threads on the Original pads wearing quick ( they must be too soft )
Dealers do charge around £100 fitted for replacements...
Some people have bought sets for under £20 ( dealer charges £50 a set ) and fitted them themselves or got a independent garage to fit them.
Search the forum you will find lots of threads on this topic....
If memory serves me correct Phill48 & Roger have both posted links to good quality pads.
A little 'off topic' but !

For a dCi Stepway :-

These are good value pads :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301889217317?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are quality pads but a bit dearer:- EBC Ultimax OE Replacement Front Brake Pads ( Pair ) - DPX2146 ;)

( 361157564355 )

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
141 - 160 of 200 Posts