UK Dacia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Might be ok for the deisels but from what I have found [and thats some times contradicted ] the disc height for the Tce90 is 44 iirc..diesels are showing as disc height 41 mm..

http://www.eurocarparts.com/brake-discs

Click view details and check the numbers..nothing beats checking the disc height by taking off a wheel..its the safest way to get it right the first time.. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
right I don't think ill need discs not only doing 11k but pads I will need to do in next 3k I reckon but cant believe they have worn down that much already so will buy quality when I do but. now another questions to the guys/gals who have the diesel stepway is what oil should I buy for top ups when I need it ? is it synthectic and grade please as im sure one of you kind folks will be on the ball with this one. many thanks in advance folks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
thanks very much john and you are right about visiting fuel stations a lot less as we came out of an 1150 clio into the dacia and fuel is awesome compared to clio so is road tax .

·
Registered
425 Posts
right I don't think ill need discs not only doing 11k but pads I will need to do in next 3k I reckon but cant believe they have worn down that much already so will buy quality when I do but.
You would be surprised how quick brake discs wear these days..looking at mine with just four and half K on the clock they are certainly showing signs that they are on the way out with scoring on the disc face and a big lip on the outside of the disc.. :eek: Chinese monkey metal again no doubt.. :angry:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
hi phil, I am afraid most items are made in china now which makes them cheap but not up to standard. id rather pay the extra myself and get quality .I remember year ago you could wear pads down to within and inch of their lives but now throw away jobby half way through.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hi phil, I am afraid most items are made in china now which makes them cheap but not up to standard. id rather pay the extra myself and get quality .I remember year ago you could wear pads down to within and inch of their lives but now throw away jobby half way through.
Makes that I use are..

Mintex...OK

Blue print..OK [made in Japan and Europe not china ]

EBC..Made in the uk from castings supplied to them..I think I read some where that they were looking into making their own casting but cant find that bloomin post.. :rolleyes:

Its a mine field now trying to find a company that does not supply Chinese junk parts TBH .. :ph34r:

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've been reading about the dmf/judder problems as from time to time I get a problem. On the captur forum they recommend doing a F1 start to clear it. Not needed to go that far myself but slipping the clutch a few times and a gentler pull away clears it.

Still reporting it to the dealer though as an intermittent DMF fault.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
tried slipping the clutch ad ll the other tps but didn't work for me and dealer sa definatly a clutch replacement and news is they called my wife yesterday to say thy ar also replacing the gearbox. now our car is just 12 months old and ben looked ater like a baby so something isn't right with a lot f these cars if ater just 12 months and 11k mies it needs the clutch replacing and a gearbox.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry for not replying been away on my holidays.

I'm still new to this forum and forums in general.

It seems there is a problem with the clutch but we need to make Dacia take notice. Can we start a thread on the first page that cover just this issue no specifics but away of gathering all the clutch judder problems in one area across all models of Sandero's then we can come up with a date to send our complaints to cs and dealers etc..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
certainly helped me mike and this clutch judder problem is definatly already known to dacia uk as ive been telling them for 6 months now. the clutch is some stepway models is not fit for purpose and my gearbox is faulty too on a 12 month old car which has been driven carefully and for only 11k miles and these problems am starting to think I should of bought something else or kept our clio.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Mike, yeah please could you send to me? What details do you need from me? I'm not sure how they going to act as they already opened mine up and said I would have to pay as its wear and tear on the clutch

161 - 180 of 200 Posts