UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have been reading loads and loads and loads and have had the bad experience from 2 dealers so far who are not overly interested in selling the cars, however I have found a dealer who is happy, although they got me to test drive a clio as its the "same"

I read recently a report from topgear who suggested there was no where to put your left foot after using it for the clutch. As I am, not exactly that small am concerned its going to be a tight fit for 4 years.

so has anyone got a picture of pedal layout and of course some of you guys will have physical experience of running a Logan.

I was a definite convert 2 weeks ago, but now am unsure.

Can you guys help ?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Big Noel I got stepway same inside as Logan there plenty room to put ur left foot after using clutch take it u test drove Clio there more room to put ur left foot in Logan than u have in Clio but ud be best to try get test drive in Logan for peace mind

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hello everyone

I have been reading loads and loads and loads and have had the bad experience from 2 dealers so far who are not overly interested in selling the cars, however I have found a dealer who is happy, although they got me to test drive a clio as its the "same"

I read recently a report from topgear who suggested there was no where to put your left foot after using it for the clutch. As I am, not exactly that small am concerned its going to be a tight fit for 4 years.

so has anyone got a picture of pedal layout and of course some of you guys will have physical experience of running a Logan.

I was a definite convert 2 weeks ago, but now am unsure.

Can you guys help ?
Hiya, I put my foot on the floor, I've only had 1 car with a foot rest in my life, don't think it'll be a tight fit.
Give it a go at a dealer who is willing to let you out in one, or as mike mj said a sandero as cabin wise I think there the same, rear doors are slightly different on the logan, the rear quarter windows are the right way round, they look upside down on a sandero :p

But then again sandero owners probably feel the same about the logan.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for answers so far

I need to put a coffin in back hence the purchase of a long bed in back :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
From the back to the front of stepway and Logan same room just the longer body on Logan either try stepway or Logan for driver comfort niel

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got you. will go and hassle dealers fro the stepway :)

will keep you updated

Love the fact they can make it for so little money and am not a funeral director I have to point out just people keep asking me to get coffins for them. ( odd life )

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm waiting for my Logan to come. I've got size 12 feet and was happy on the test drive. Had the same concern as I'm swapping from a Subaru outback.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
got you. will go and hassle dealers fro the stepway :)

will keep you updated

Love the fact they can make it for so little money and am not a funeral director I have to point out just people keep asking me to get coffins for them. ( odd life )
I'm guessing you'll be ordering it in black then? Take a coffin with you to the showroom, I'm sure any sales person not interested before will soon change their mind when they see you carry that In :-D

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took a coffin shaped item with me to test the load length but then they wouldn't let me sit in it as the car was sold, and then when I went to another garage they showed top of range model with seat adjustment, and the Ambience seat doesn't move much and I found it a bit awkward to get in and out of am 6ft3 and 25 stone so quite big, ( am losing weight before folks judge me I have lost 4 stone )

am not actually a funeral director I just have to carry that sort of length of item regularly as am antique dealer so grandfather clocks, coffins tall glass display cabinets and such like, will probably take base of rear seat out to make bed flat or design it and put a hinge in but will see am used to a flat load bay.

am moving from a kia soul which is funky and practical just huge on fuel. and tyres.

am also guessing that since the upgrade car has a height adjustable seat its possible somewhere to get one although I only need to adjust it once.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I took a coffin shaped item with me to test the load length but then they wouldn't let me sit in it as the car was sold, and then when I went to another garage they showed top of range model with seat adjustment, and the Ambience seat doesn't move much and I found it a bit awkward to get in and out of am 6ft3 and 25 stone so quite big, ( am losing weight before folks judge me I have lost 4 stone )
am not actually a funeral director I just have to carry that sort of length of item regularly as am antique dealer so grandfather clocks, coffins tall glass display cabinets and such like, will probably take base of rear seat out to make bed flat or design it and put a hinge in but will see am used to a flat load bay.
am moving from a kia soul which is funky and practical just huge on fuel. and tyres.

am also guessing that since the upgrade car has a height adjustable seat its possible somewhere to get one although I only need to adjust it once.
no one will judge your weight here, I myself am no stick insect, 17stone and only 5'8" ;-)
I'd hang out to try the ambience, you may find the seat is in the optimum position and save yourself £££
The seatbase does lift up to get a flatter load area, but it's not completely flat.
I've got the Laureate, and like you said you'll only adjust it once, just like the mirrors.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you

yes am looking for a logan ambience tce to test drive up here in Scotland harder to find, but may travel to find the right test drive.

just need all the info to make an informed decision, forums are perfect for this people who run the cars as apposed to a dealer who is trying to sell, or a motoring journalist who may have the car a week but only drive it for 20 minutes as they also have a Ferrari to drive and the Ferrari looks better just rubbish round town.

:)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am 6ft 1 size 11 feet and am very comfortable in my ambiance. Its a good driving position considering lack of adjustments.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Ever decreasing Neil

4 stone well done' its amazing and really isn't rocket science but by just stopping bread and spuds I too lost a hell of a lot of weight. Your going to need a budget car as your going to have to invest in a new wardrobe as the weight falls off.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Was thinking of starting a men only sliming club locally (mate watches) as the sliming clubs are dominated by groups of woman which is off putting to many men.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts