UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
After an excited phone call with confirmation of stock, our new Stepway would be ready for collection just 8 days later.

Bloody Hell I thought when I said "yes" I guess I'm going to Scotland. With a few phone calls and checks on the internet the tickets were booked for an overnight national express coach.

Preparing for a 450 mile return trip without any backup I took a high visibility coat, a hydraulic bottle jack, money and phone/charger.

The trip to Scotland with a changeover at London was arduous starting at 6.30pm I eventually ended my journey in Glasgow at 7.18am. Sprinting down to the train station I only had 12 minutes to catch the 7.30am train to Ayr.

I remember Scotland vaguely from being a "wee boy" and tried to take in the scenery which was racing past.

Arriving in Ayr I took in the local café having breakfast before the dealership sent a vehicle to collect me from the train station.

I owe huge thanks to Richard, James and Gregor of the 'Parks Motor Group' in Ayr who promptly and swiftly dealt with my questions during the purchase.

The drive back was a 457 mile marathon with one 30 minute break and took 9hrs 45 minutes.

Here are a few pictures below.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
346 Posts
Even More Pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Richard from Parks Motor Group in Ayr Scotland. Huge thanks are owed to him and the dealership.

I never did ask where the spare wheel come from ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Hamish" our new wheels now has a name. A good old fashioned Scottish name.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Admire your endeavour, car looks great not sure about the breakfast though, hope they did a vegetarian option for me lol. Nice one pics look great thanks for posting.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congratulations on your new car, I may even try Parks for the other half's Duster.

Killer breakfast by the way - just what I needed to see at 7am in the morning and starving! LOL!

Any ideas what the café is called as I'm in and out of Ayr quite regularly?

·
Registered
88 Posts
900 miles to pick up a new Stepway is quite simply bonkers. I love it!!!!!!

Reactions: arob.wk

·
Registered
535 Posts
Enjoy it, you deserve it after such an adventure. :) I thought the Ambience didn't had the silver trim on the roof bars and body colored mirrors. BTW, I think the Stepway was clearly parked illegally (on the disabled spot). :lol:

·
Registered
268 Posts
An epic journey!

This must take the honour as the furthest distance travelled to collect a Dacia!
........and possibly the shortest run-in time - halfway there in just one day. ;)

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For those wishing to contact parks motor group in Ayr I have now placed there phone number in my signature :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts