UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went and saw the local techs re my car again (long story but ever since i took ownership of my Logan, the reversing sensors would play up and get the constant tone)and whilst waiting I was speaking to the sales man that sold me the car. He advised me that he has this week and 3 other cars (1 x Logan and 2 x Sandero) that had colour coded reversing sensors come in all with the same fault.

So it looks like there was a batch of vehicles that had reversing sensors that were colour coded causing issues and Dacia are now only doing the Black ones.

Its only taken me 2 months of grief and frustration but the solution has been found and next week its bye bye nice white sensors and hello black ones.

I got mine from Brighton Renault Lifestyle.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just went and saw the local techs re my car again (long story but ever since i took ownership of my Logan, the reversing sensors would play up and get the constant tone)and whilst waiting I was speaking to the sales man that sold me the car. He advised me that he has this week and 3 other cars (1 x Logan and 2 x Sandero) that had colour coded reversing sensors come in all with the same fault.

So it looks like there was a batch of vehicles that had reversing sensors that were colour coded causing issues and Dacia are now only doing the Black ones.

Its only taken me 2 months of grief and frustration but the solution has been found and next week its bye bye nice white sensors and hello black ones.

I got mine from Brighton Renault Lifestyle.
Glad they are being sorted (and I haven't been done out of something I didn't know I had been done out of)

Well done for getting to the bottom of it!

Sent from my HTC One S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
269 Posts
I see a guy on Ebay selilng colour coded reverse sensor pack for £16. Would it void my warranty getting and fitted by a local garage???

·
Registered
577 Posts
I see a guy on Ebay selilng colour coded reverse sensor pack for £16. Would it void my warranty getting and fitted by a local garage???
Simply put no it shouldnt. If a dealer runs out of Renault or Dacia ones they put on aftermarket ones. Its a bit of a standard practice. My dealer did it to mine. You just have to make sure they are fitted correctly especially the wiring.

As with any advice on here though re warranties always check with the dealer or customer services

So happy days :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had ordered after market colour coded done to my car colour , but the company could no get the colour spec for the grey from dacia , they could get all the other colour but not the grey . So I tried and got the same stonewall from dacia on the codes for the grey. The company offered me a full refund , but said some of there fitting teams had fitted the black sensers in the black section of the bumper . So I asked them to send me black ones , and the difference of the costs . They did , I fitted them and they look great .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive ordered the sensors fitted to my Duster, are they colour coded as standard or is this what people are fitting themselves ? If Standard what colours do they change to?

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have ordered sensors for your Duster and they are being fitted at the import centre then they will be black. If they dealer is having them fitted once the car has arrived at the dealership; either by themselves or a third party, they could be either black or body coloured as it all depends on what the dealer arranges.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats ok then, panic over. I thought they meant a display showing how close you are reversing to something. I cant see a lot of colours if mixed on small displays (colour blind)

·
Registered
199 Posts
If they are fitted at the import centre then there will be a display just below the interior mirror; this display changes from green to amber to red depending on how close you are there us also a digital countdown which changes depending on how close you are, they also bleep like normal sensors do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts