UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Something that surprised me today: might be worth bearing in mind.

My forecast mileage for coming year is double that of existing insured mileage. I did the usual web search & sought online quotes, including from my existing insurer, and plugged in my new estimate of mileage. No great bargains, but I also found that different estimated mileages produced increasingly higher on-line quotes from my existing insurer for every additional 1k mileage I plugged in.

So, I eventually gave my insurer a ring. I said "I'm thinking to renew, but could you requote please for double my existing mileage". Given the on-line results, I was expecting an increase (which I was then hoping to haggle over). The reply "That will be the same price Sir as the renewal price we've already sent you". ( :huh:) "OK, I'll go with that!"

Conclusion: on-line comparisons are great, but ......

·
Registered
348 Posts
Although this is slightly off tangent, I would highly recommend a thorough search on the insurance comparison websites when your renewal is due.

My renewal came back at £324.36, which I baulked at. After searching online, I found an identical policy with a different insurer for £158.13. Less than half. Well worth the small amount of time and effort tapping away at the keyboard.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Received my renewal from Hastings £212, not bad I thought, but I will try on-line ! Went with Privilege £167, 7 years NCB (protected) £150 X/S, courtesy car, uninsured drivers & Legal protection included. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
im a new driver, as in passed just last week, so i sort of expected a high quote, but in my favour im getting on a bit, have and still ride bikes (with 10+ years no claims in that space), but i have found LV will cover me fully comp on the Sandero Stepway for about £530 (which isnt bad) whereas the comparison sites ranged from £800 to £2000. They are simply a waste of time IMO

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
im a new driver, as in passed just last week, so i sort of expected a high quote, but in my favour im getting on a bit, have and still ride bikes (with 10+ years no claims in that space), but i have found LV will cover me fully comp on the Sandero Stepway for about £530 (which isnt bad) whereas the comparison sites ranged from £800 to £2000. They are simply a waste of time IMO

Regards

Dave
It seems that for comparison site only work if you have lots of years NCB ! ;)

I have tried them for travel insurance (I have a few health issues) and got nowhere ! Had to go off them to get cover. :wub:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Alpha, on 10 Mar 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:

Regards

Dave
Alpha, on 10 Mar 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:

Regards

Dave
very expensive try arriva

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just had Admiral try to renage on their on-line quote via Moneysupermarket, they said there was a mistake and tried to lift their price. I stuck to my guns and they eventually agreed to stick by the quote.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sadly my insurance was not up for renewal, and have had to pay an additional fee (£45) as the insurer had to be changed via the broker - Previous Insurer would not cover the Duster !!

£39 Per Month....

If I wished to leave them......cancellation fees of £50, and an insurers fee for finishing the schedule early an additional £97

Sadly, I'm marginally better off staying with the robbing gits that I am currently with :unsure:

The moneys I will save on Tax and Moving from Petrol to Deisel will Balance this off in my favour in the first year alone.

Anyway - Positive Note....Get the Duster on Monday (08:30) Woop woop..

·
Registered
32 Posts
i tried aviva, but they wouldnt accept my postcode? I live on a standard road, which is all Royal Mail standard, but for some reason it wasnt on their books? Never mind, car is arrived, and insured so their loss

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sadly my insurance was not up for renewal, and have had to pay an additional fee (£45) as the insurer had to be changed via the broker - Previous Insurer would not cover the Duster !!

£39 Per Month....

If I wished to leave them......cancellation fees of £50, and an insurers fee for finishing the schedule early an additional £97

Sadly, I'm marginally better off staying with the robbing gits that I am currently with :unsure:

The moneys I will save on Tax and Moving from Petrol to Deisel will Balance this off in my favour in the first year alone.

Anyway - Positive Note....Get the Duster on Monday (08:30) Woop woop..
I trust you are well mated with your Duster by now TOPC4T. Would you be willing to divulge the Ins' company that decided they didn't want to insure your new Duster (for whatever reason)?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I trust you are well mated with your Duster by now TOPC4T. Would you be willing to divulge the Ins' company that decided they didn't want to insure your new Duster (for whatever reason)?
This is not as rare as you might think' the main issue is the massive waiting times for even mundane parts which is frightening the indusrry if their splashing out for hire cars

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is not as rare as you might think' the main issue is the massive waiting times for even mundane parts which is frightening the indusrry if their splashing out for hire cars
nss. That seems entirely possible to me.

A question (for anybody in the know): If an Insurance Company chooses to NOT insure one's car, are they obliged to say why?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Covea wouldn't insure our Stepway but said it wasn't part of their core business as a change of vehicle mid term.....I think they just wanted to make money! We found it cheaper to pay the cancelation and insure elsewhere

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts