UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way (button pushing) that you can change the computer from gallons/miles to litres/km for driving on the continent ?

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I don't know of any.

I'd prefer the crazy UK units. Miles and Litres. My fuel comes in litres and I drive in miles.

Not sure why this would be useful, in UK and Europe we both fill up in Litres. Speedo is marked in MPH and KPH so you can check your speed.

If you want to see what range you have left in the tank you can use the speedo display as a quick converter.

If the road-sign says "Paris 140km", a quick glance at your speedo shows that 140km is about 85 miles (actually 87 but good enough). If the fuel display says you have 110 miles left, quick glance at speedo shows that is just under 180km. (actually 177).

spedo.jpeg

Not a Dacia speedo obviously.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know of any.

I'd prefer the crazy UK units. Miles and Litres. My fuel comes in litres and I drive in miles.

Not sure why this would be useful, in UK and Europe we both fill up in Litres. Speedo is marked in MPH and KPH so you can check your speed.

If you want to see what range you have left in the tank you can use the speedo display as a quick converter.

If the road-sign says "Paris 140km", a quick glance at your speedo shows that 140km is about 85 miles (actually 87 but good enough). If the fuel display says you have 110 miles left, quick glance at speedo shows that is just under 180km. (actually 177).

attachicon.gif
spedo.jpeg

Not a Dacia speedo obviously.
Thanks for that. I appreciate what you are saying but, when on the continent, it is more convenient to change the units and, therefore, not need to perform a mental calculation each time.

In addition it would be easier setting the cruise control/speed limiter in km rather than have to convert the value via the speedometer (which is not very bright/easy to read at the best of times during the day). For instance in France it is easier to set the speed limiter to 130km/hr on the motorway rather than fiddle around, setting it at 80ish mph.

I know it is only a minor quibble but, if the facility is there it would be good to use it.

In addition, I am pretty sure that UK Dacia cars do not have a unique computer installed, so there must be a way of altering the settings somewhere.

·
Registered
836 Posts
For instance in France it is easier to set the speed limiter to 130km/hr on the motorway rather than fiddle around, setting it at 80ish mph.
Until you meet the bit which goes down to 110 km/hr with plod and a camera , just a friendly 80 euro at the next barrier .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As you say, I've seen it a number of times but so far I've been lucky. Does concentrate the mind though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts