UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had problems this winter with Condensation and subsequent Ice on the inside of the windows in their Logan ?

My inside windows - particularly the rear window, have been shockingly bad - don`t know where it is all coming from, but it`s very annoying.

Also, the heaters take an age to heat up - 10/15 minutes to do any good by which time I`m getting out again!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Anyone else had problems this winter with Condensation and subsequent Ice on the inside of the windows in their Logan ?

My inside windows - particularly the rear window, have been shockingly bad - don`t know where it is all coming from, but it`s very annoying.

Also, the heaters take an age to heat up - 10/15 minutes to do any good by which time I`m getting out again!
Mine does freeze up when at work, but not on the inside, the rear window condenses alot but that's due to the sun only making direct contact with the front causing the warmer inside colder out sort of fog, like a glass with cold liquid, it would freeze if the temp got low enough, could be a wet carpet, have a good feel around, is it the DCI? Or TCE? On mine turning the demister onto the head flow air vents and turning them on 3 is about enough to clear the rear screen after a short time.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had a car doing this, it was the door seals. I kicked up a stink for so long that eventually they gave in and replaced the seals- the problem then went away.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I had a car doing this, it was the door seals. I kicked up a stink for so long that eventually they gave in and replaced the seals- the problem then went away.
maybe the seals are different now, I read they've changed the duster ones, worth checking out too. My 2014s pretty watertight, I've jet washed and hosepiped it at all angles with no leakage anywhere yet, Also been through flooded roads with no bother.

·
Registered
985 Posts
maybe the seals are different now, I read they've changed the duster ones, worth checking out too. My 2014s pretty watertight, I've jet washed and hosepiped it at all angles with no leakage anywhere yet, Also been through flooded roads with no bother.
Sorry if that was a bit confusing; my issues were on a previous car not the Duster.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Having the same trouble with our Stepway the back windows steam up and don't clear, we have to put the air on on and heater on warm to clear the windows. I think a trip to the dealers is in order

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
My last car (Mitsubishi) never suffered from freezing inside except in the harshest frosts. My Stepway windscreen freezes inside the minute I sit inside and my breath hits it. I wonder if Dacia glass is thinner (cheaper) than other manufacturers - possibly?

I have bought a device (pictured below) which I hope will rectify the situation.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had this problem one day only during our 6 day -4 spell here. What I have noticed with the logan is in order to combat this is to make sure you don't leave the heater on recycled air. I use it on recycled until the heater kicks in, around 5 mins driving, then switch it to clean air. This has rectified my windows misting up and my frozen windows on the inside. Using the recycled air during cold weather causes a lot of condensation for me.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Had this problem one day only during our 6 day -4 spell here. What I have noticed with the logan is in order to combat this is to make sure you don't leave the heater on recycled air. I use it on recycled until the heater kicks in, around 5 mins driving, then switch it to clean air. This has rectified my windows misting up and my frozen windows on the inside. Using the recycled air during cold weather causes a lot of condensation for me.
Also, if you've been driving around with heat on and created a warm environment within the cabin, it pays to switch the heat off and leave a door or window open for a minute or two before locking up, to allow the interior and exterior temperatures to equalise. Not recommended in heavy rain, admittedly! :ph34r:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Never had a problen with it after working out the recycled v fresh air settings. Demister seems to work extremely fast compared to my old Nissan Note and air con is a lot better. What I am going to do is get some of the sound dampening material to cover up a bit more of the metal as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts