UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so apologies if this had already been posted but I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with serious condensation on their Dusters windscreen? It's been getting progressively worse over the last month or so and yesterday there was ice on the inside of my screen as well as outside!

Curious to know if this a Duster 'quirk' and there's nothing that can be done - I've had this line from my local dealer when querying other issues - or if it's more serious that requires booking in for an investigation / sorting?

Any views or thoughts on this would be appreciated :)

(I have a Laureate bought in July)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
The 'haters' will be along shortly to tell you it's because the Duster is a rusting rot box full of damp, however it could be a multitude of reasons causing it, basically it is caused by something damp in the car, could be carpets from a leak, could be the seats if you had a recent 'wet' interior valet, could be a damp jacket / clothing / towel in the car, could be the result of a damp dog in the boot, could be a damp umbrella let in there, the list is endless but the link is DAMP.

'Dave' is suffering at the moment (damp coat/damp dog/water spill in back footwell) so I'm about to try a few 'products' to see what works best, Halfords do a 'Moisture Mate' for caravans which is refillable and can be hidden discreetly in the car £4.99, also found Lakeland do 'Moisture Magnet' bags that are rechargeable from £5.99.

If anyone has used either or anything similar I'd appreciate some feedback.

Couple of other points, make sure you pollen filter has been replaced, keep the screen clean (dust attracts moisture), use your aircon when defrosting and try and air the car as best as possible when upto temp inside, heater full blast and windows open.

Oh and before anyone starts with the 'cheap cars' arguement, our new E-Class Mercs at work suffer from it!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Another thing which happens is if you don't use the aircon. This allows moisture from the air into the vehicle, causing foggy windscreen. This happened to me, so just ensure air con is always on when you are using the vehicle. It will also help dry the duster out.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so apologies if this had already been posted but I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with serious condensation on their Dusters windscreen? It's been getting progressively worse over the last month or so and yesterday there was ice on the inside of my screen as well as outside!
Curious to know if this a Duster 'quirk' and there's nothing that can be done - I've had this line from my local dealer when querying other issues - or if it's more serious that requires booking in for an investigation / sorting?

this is a problem I had in a previous car, changing car mats to rubber ones helps, you can wipe the moisture off , if you have carpet mats remove them at night if they are damp, they never fully dry out in winter.
Flip the outside air to recirculated before parking up at night to stop outside air sealing through the vents.
Clean the window down to bare glass, then use a glass Polish to make it harder for the moisture to find a mount on the glass.
Try to remove as much ice as possible before getting in the car from the outside windows.
All these together helped with mine, but in the winter of 2010 even that didn't help... if all else fails you could avoid breathing within the car, or breath through a pipe hanging out the window. Good luck.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nothing to worry about I've got a Duster aswell and I had it this morning too, like others have said its moisture in the vehicle. If you breathe on glass you know what happens it fogs so think off all that breath left in car when you park up. I've had it with a citroen and a nissan too so nothing unusual, happens to a lot of cars, vans etc. The blowers on a duster are pretty good clears mine in no time and thats even with no aircon and a lot better then some vehicles I've had.

·
Registered
288 Posts
And make sure that your air intake is not set to recirculate as that will simply keep air which is getting increasingly damp from your own and your passengers breath inside the car rather than replacing it continuously with fresh drier air.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
And make sure that your air intake is not set to recirculate as that will simply keep air which is getting increasingly damp from your own and your passengers breath inside the car rather than replacing it continuously with fresh drier air.
I'm always forgetting to flip mine back so it clears then other windows start to fog up after a while

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
The 'haters' will be along shortly to tell you it's because the Duster is a rusting rot box full of damp,
Thank you sidaorb for managing to spread the rusty word to another thread to save us haters doing it :p

Hi Greeneyes, there have been several threads regarding your problem. This one was quite good I think;

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/2122-windscreen-condensation/page-1

I would suggest it is more of an inconvenience than an issue unless you start finding wet carpets, in which case you probably have water ingress which needs fixing. (you wouldn't be the first person to have this issue)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts