UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

can anyone help, I've bought a Dutch Dacia Duster Laureate. I want to convert the headlamps from LHD dipping to right hand dipping, can I simply replace the headlamps?

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Hi,

can anyone help, I've bought a Dutch Dacia Duster Laureate. I want to convert the headlamps from LHD dipping to right hand dipping, can I simply replace the headlamps?
That's all I had to do when I bought a LHD Rover many years ago !! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
The simple answer is yes, having converted RHD to French LHD on several vehicles. the difficulty varied from unbolt/bolt on for a Suzuki Vitara to bumper-off on an MGTF.

One thing will surprise you - the cost! Don't know the cost of Duster lights but discount suppliers want £500 for a pair for my MGTF.

Another thing worth looking at is the rear fog light. Without trecking out to the barn I can't remember whether the LHD Duster has one or two rear fogs. I think it's one, in which case it will be on the wrong side and an MoT fail. Luckily for expats here in France it's only an advisory, so I have a stack of Vitara CTs (French MoT equivalent) telling me the light's on the wrong side!

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
The simple answer is yes, having converted RHD to French LHD on several vehicles. the difficulty varied from unbolt/bolt on for a Suzuki Vitara to bumper-off on an MGTF.

One thing will surprise you - the cost! Don't know the cost of Duster lights but discount suppliers want £500 for a pair for my MGTF.

Another thing worth looking at is the rear fog light. Without trecking out to the barn I can't remember whether the LHD Duster has one or two rear fogs. I think it's one, in which case it will be on the wrong side and an MoT fail. Luckily for expats here in France it's only an advisory, so I have a stack of Vitara CTs (French MoT equivalent) telling me the light's on the wrong side!
I had twin rear fog lights on my Rover, so no problem ! I also kept my speedo in km/h only, didn't seem to matter for the MOT ! I got the headlights from a scrap yard by the way ! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
just been out to the barn...

Certainly the French spec has only one rear fog, on the left.

My ex-son-in-law used to import secondhand German motorhomes into England and his solution was a Halfords rear fog Scotchlocked into the existing wiring. If the tester didn't like the asymetrical lamps he simply took the bulb out of the original LHD one! An inexpensive solution. He never had any problem with kph-only speedos, apparently the wording only requires a device to indicate speed and doesn't (didn't?) specify units.

Hope this is of some help to the OP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts