UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to swear but $hit, my Duster has dust been involved in a crash 9am this morning :(

Coming up to a roundabout on a 60mph road when an ambulance flies round with lights flashing. The car in front slams on brakes, I do too and stop within inches, then get rear ended by a woman in a Fiesta which pushes me into car in front. Her car ends up underneath mine. My new chrome exhaust cover pierces her grill and crushes her bonnet. My car looked ok when they pulled it off, except rear spring snapped clean off, exhaust hanging off. Bodywork didn't even have a scratch. However looks a bit crumpled underneath. Do you think they will be able to repair this or write her off? :(

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ouch, hope no one was injured and you had witnesses that you stopped in time and its the woman behind who is to blame.

Car should be able to be repaired providing it has not bent the chassis, expect a few bits extra damage not seen to tear hub etc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got to be careful when ambulances with blue lights are about. Some people really over react, when sometimes(a lot of times) all you have to do (if anything) is ease up on your speed and move over slightly

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Quite possible they'll write off which means a fresh start for you? That said it's interesting to see the way the high back of the Duster meant the car behind lifted it up like that. Would that have protected any rear passengers better?

·
Registered
131 Posts
She must be coming at fair speed, and so close to the roundabout, to lift up the rear end of the duster, looks like she didn't even attempt to brake.

By the way did you use the Dacia Breakdown recovery? I didn't think they covered non-mechanical break downs.

Good luck with repairs and remember if the Duster is written off and less than a year old, then you are entitled to a brand new replacement Duster.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No didn't use the Dacia breakdown. The police turned up shortly after and rang a company to pickup both cars. I'm hoping it's a write off as took out the GAP insurance so should pay it all off, and let me get another. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow just shows you what a tuff little bu66er these Dusters are. Just heard from the assessor at the garage. Only damage is the exhaust in four places, bumper bar and the spring & coupling. The floor and suspension are fine. :eek: They have ordered the parts but are not sure how long they will take to come due to the fairly new availability of the car in the UK. That's it I've finally found a name for my duster, Bigfoot after the most famous monster truck which likes to crush cars. :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Wow just shows you what a tuff little bu66er these Dusters are. Just heard from the assessor at the garage. Only damage is the exhaust in four places, bumper bar and the spring & coupling. The floor and suspension are fine. :eek: They have ordered the parts but are not sure how long they will take to come due to the fairly new availability of the car in the UK. That's it I've finally found a name for my duster, Bigfoot after the most famous monster truck which likes to crush cars. :D
Impressive!! Hope things don't take too long to get sorted.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hahahaha It just lifted the Duster right up then and the spring shot out ! Mmmmmmm I would demand a new shock absorber ! it cant have done it any good It must have lifted you pretty high to do that .Otherwise they would just fall out on a wheel change OR on cross country
the strut on the duster doesnt come through the middle of the spring stuart

the strut its installed next to the spring

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ahh Thanks antavi ! So this is like the Old Opel Ascona ! Hey hahahaha I was talking daft anyway ! even if it was round the strut it could not fly off ! Man I can talk some shite sometimes :lol:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.