UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The Dacia Lodgy has as a standard accessory a speed limiter. Such device is not much useful, but does anybode know if this limiter is possible to convert to a cruise control?

Br.

Kentsu

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I doubt it can be converted but don't write it off completely, when work first fitted speed limiters to our vans we drive we all hated them but you quickly get used to it and the limiter in my van has saved me getting speeding points quite a few times. I don't know if the police in Finland set up sneaky radar speed check points the same as ours do though.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
70 Posts
I doubt it can be converted but don't write it off completely, when work first fitted speed limiters to our vans we drive we all hated them but you quickly get used to it and the limiter in my van has saved me getting speeding points quite a few times. I don't know if the police in Finland set up sneaky radar speed check points the same as ours do though.

============================================================================================

Yes indeed, in Finland we also have very much of these automatic radar controls that takes a picture of your cars registration number when you momentarely exceed the speed limit.

But we also now a days in Finland we have more sofisticated speed controls which not only measure the momentary speed, but also the mean speed you have used when driving some 2-5 km. These are normally implemented with two well hidden cameras and sensors in the road, both apart from each other some 2-5 km. Police computer then will calculate your mean velocity and if it exceed some 5-10 km/h the speed limit of the road, you will get an invitation to an interrogation by the local police authority.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Yes we are getting more of those 'average speed' systems as well in other areas. In the highlands where I live there are many policemen with radar guns. There is only one fixed camera here but there are a couple of mobile vans that can pop up anywhere.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Yes we are getting more of those 'average speed' systems as well in other areas. In the highlands where I live there are many policemen with radar guns. There is only one fixed camera here but there are a couple of mobile vans that can pop up anywhere.
whats the a82 like for cameras these days? rannoch moor was the place to watch 2 or three years ago.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
No idea what there is South of Fort William but from there North there aren't any. None needed at this time of year as you're not likely to get faster than 40mph with all the caravans and cyclists on the road! :( Fort William - Inverness usually takes about 1hr 20mins, just now it can be 2hrs. If you plan to drive it go very early or very late.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
No idea what there is South of Fort William but from there North there aren't any. None needed at this time of year as you're not likely to get faster than 40mph with all the caravans and cyclists on the road! :( Fort William - Inverness usually takes about 1hr 20mins, just now it can be 2hrs. If you plan to drive it go very early or very late.
cheers for that but cannot get there too early as I will miss the flashing n waving!:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
cheers for that but cannot get there too early as I will miss the flashing n waving!:)
Whoop whoop , that's brill even for the briller, dacia cars are so fun, just plain and simple the brillest of the brill, I hear dumb and dumber are going as well, flashing and waving, that's brill, just so brill, can't wait , brill utter brill.

Do you think it's brill, briller ?

Just so brill.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have read in a German Forum Lodgy-club.de that they are modifying the limiter to make it more like a cruise control. they have been somewhat succesful and have a kit and instruction manual available.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have read in a German Forum Lodgy-club.de that they are modifying the limiter to make it more like a cruise control. they have been somewhat succesful and have a kit and instruction manual available.
Could you please give a link to that German forum?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, on Friday I picked up my Lodgy Prestige, 2014. It has cruise control built in. Yes, normal cruise control. It also has the limiter option but has full cruise control with speed adjustment on the steering wheel.

Thought you should know.

Www.lodgy-club.de is the link to where they are doing many mods on our Lodgy.

chrisS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, mine has also cruise control AND speed limiter, works great, actually I did not discover the cruise control until 2 weeks after I got it, It was a really nice surprise.

/L

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hello, on Friday I picked up my Lodgy Prestige, 2014. It has cruise control built in. Yes, normal cruise control. It also has the limiter option but has full cruise control with speed adjustment on the steering wheel.

Thought you should know.

Www.lodgy-club.de is the link to where they are doing many mods on our Lodgy.

chrisS
First release models only got the speed limiter, mine is one of those but having used cruise control on other cars I prefer the speed limiter, because you set it and forget it, if you need to slow down you don't have to reset it. I understand that newer cruise controls don't need to be reset but I am happy with speed limiter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts