UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was the Sandero designed and built with the Stepway in mind or when it was signed off for production did one of its designers have a brainwave?

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Who knows? Maybe someone thought "I could make a 4x4 out of that" and they ended up with the Stepway version instead!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Neither I reckon, most car makers have a model that they stick some plastic on and jack the suspension up a little and then sell as a country or rugged off road version.

Skoda and the scout
Renault did it on the scenic years ago and many others, results in people paying more for not much else but cosmetic trim and worse handling and fuel economy lol

·
Registered
895 Posts
As far as I know The Stepway was a Protype which was shown at some autoshow and took off from there ! The Sandero was then the Cheap car to replace the Logan sedan

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
u westerners :D

in the east cos we are a bit poor than u we like sedans as family cars hence logan sedan and estate (the mcv) cos many here cant afford 2 cars (i mean normal working people )

for west they done from the sedan the hatchback sandero cos folks there use it for town driving and are use to have a 2nd car bigger one for the family holydays

again nowadays mostly in the west is the trend for crossovers hence the stepway

stuart is right they done from the estate version a concept called STEPPE

Dacia_Logan_Steppe_Concept.JPG

Dacia_Logan_Steppe_Concept_Heck.JPG

was just a concept because if it got made and sold it will enter in the territory of

volvo and vw/audi group (skoda scout and audi allroad ) and could not compete will them without raising the cost and the price

if they would've done it probably few would have been sold cos of the ,,unknown brand badge,, so was a risk and also the alliance ren/nissan have their own cars to take care of

dacia is a budget car and they keep it like that and u see this also with seat brand which is part of vw/audi which is kept to lower prices than his big brother audi`s

it all marketing strategies ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts