UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a question that only HTP99 can answer.

When I ordered my Stepway back in April there was an offer to receive 2 free services if you purchased the car on a PCP. Also at the time the Guaranteed Future Value of the car was £6234, today it is quoted as £5,456.

My car is due to arrive in the next few weeks, firstly do you think I will still be offered the 2 free services, and secondly will the GFV on the finance be £6234 or the current rate of £5,456? Obviously the lower GFV will mean the monthly payments will be slightly higher, not that it massively matters in the long run.

I have screenshots of the offer when I ordered the car, I am hoping the deal at the time I ordered the car will be honoured and I won't need to argue my case?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am led to believe the deal you signed up for will be the one you get. I ordered my Duster at beginning if the month and asked if the services and low APR would still stand when my car is delivered and the dealer assured me they would.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the showroom document stating the price at the time I ordered the car, but there is no mention of the 2 free services, GFV or 5.9% interest rate. Fingers crossed all of these are offered when I collect the car without me having to say anything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My car was ordered over the phone as I am not within driving distance of the dealer. The first order form I got had a second page and shows the 1yr services x 2 as free as well as options to add extras on such as warranty and servicing with cost per month, it also shows APR as 5.9%. However I amended the extras yesterday to add in front parking sensors, delete mudflaps and add side steps and the amended order form doesn’t show these details. I‘m assuming the offers still stand though as I haven’t been told otherwise. I get the impression it is whether the dealer remembers to include the details or not. I’m sure you will be ok.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is probably a question that only HTP99 can answer.

When I ordered my Stepway back in April there was an offer to receive 2 free services if you purchased the car on a PCP. Also at the time the Guaranteed Future Value of the car was £6234, today it is quoted as £5,456.

My car is due to arrive in the next few weeks, firstly do you think I will still be offered the 2 free services, and secondly will the GFV on the finance be £6234 or the current rate of £5,456? Obviously the lower GFV will mean the monthly payments will be slightly higher, not that it massively matters in the long run.

I have screenshots of the offer when I ordered the car, I am hoping the deal at the time I ordered the car will be honoured and I won't need to argue my case?
You will still get the 2 free services and the finance including the GFV will be based on when it was ordered.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, I knew you would be the best person to ask!

Received the following today, I assume this means the build will begin soon, any idea how long it might be before I get to collect the car?

"Our experienced team at our Dacia factory in Tangier, Morocco will be building your car. They couldn't be prouder of being part of the production team working on your Dacia.

From the conveyor belt, your car undergoes numerous quality checks, the last of which takes place at our Import Centre in Portbury, before being transported to your retailer. "

This is a Stepway, I thought they were built at the Romanian plant?

·
Registered
310 Posts

Received the following today, I assume this means the build will begin soon, any idea how long it might be before I get to collect the car?

"Our experienced team at our Dacia factory in Tangier, Morocco will be building your car. They couldn't be prouder of being part of the production team working on your Dacia.

From the conveyor belt, your car undergoes numerous quality checks, the last of which takes place at our Import Centre in Portbury, before being transported to your retailer. "

In all honesty I don't know at what stage that letter appears, ie when a chassis number and build slot has been allocated but the car is still many months away as it isn't being built yet, or when build actually starts.

They are built in Morocco.

·
Registered
Sandero Stepway Tce 90 prestige
8 Posts

Also had this e-mail recently, according to the dealership "should" be in Portbury by end of August but a new Reg plate for Sept .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's making me think that the Late June/Early July I was told last month was perhaps a bit optimistic. One other thing that is concerning me is my car is a Stepway Essential and when I ordered this car it came with the same seats as the higher spec Stepways.

The brochure for the new, rebranded cars has been released and the Essential now comes with a special "essential" interior. The seats in my opinion look nowhere near as good and seem to lose the orange trim and side bolsters.

I am really hoping this trim is only for the rebranded cars, if the car turns up with these lower spec seats then I will definitely not be taking it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The 2 free services will be linked to the finance agreement so will be set up automatically through RCi, as opposed to the dealer having to set the servicing up post registration, however just to protect yourself get written confirmation from the dealer that the deal includes 2 years free servicing, whether by email or something printed within the order or invoice or a dealer headed paper note which is printed and signed by the sales guy.

Just incase come a years time there is no record of the service plan, I don't forsee an issue but just to cover yourself, it is the dealer set up service plans that occasionally get missed as these have to be set up manually post registration and occasionally they get missed, the RCi ones are automatic but better to be safe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just out of interest, I noticed that on the brochure for the rebranded Stepway it states the Essential comes with "Essential trim". The seats appear to have changed and are more like the Jogger Essential seats rather than the current Stepway seats with the orange stitching.

Do you know if this change to the Essential seats will start with the rebranded cars at the end of the year, or if it will happen immediately and all Essential Stepways from now on with have the (in my opinion) worse seats?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts