UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just looking to see if anyone had had issues with the CV joint on their stepway? also if they have had any luck with sourcing replacement parts as dealership are wanting crazy money and my usual parts shop are finding it hard to source.

any help would be great

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
<a>https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk </a>or <a>https://www.mister-auto.co.uk </a> or <a>https://www.buycarparts.co.uk </a> I have used all of them, had no problem with drive shafts so far, usually boot damage or a boot clip breaking, have to put stainless cable ties on my old Scenic as the originals boot clip corroded away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I´m new and from sweden...My driveshafts om my 2013 stepway gave up after only 90000+ km.

Recomendation at servicepartner for Volvo/Dacia/Renault is that it has a change intervall between 8-150000km

My car has trailer towing and the clutch is also in bad condition...thow i got the car really cheep is the costs fading away.

Now to my problems I orderd 2-deiveshafts from Autodoc/Bildelaronline24 with SKF name...but the problem is that one

of them is toooo short...My car is in service 250km from home near my holidahouse on a workshop...Can I got wrong driveshaft

or is it different models on Sandfero/Sandero stepway...I double checked and on that one that fits is it named for ofroad use,

not the other one...that is over 20cm to short... told the mechaic.

Got this shafts for round 3500:- for both...Original should cost 7990skr/each.

My experience of sandero stepway is that it is a car you buy brandnew and drive untill

round 8-100000km and then sell or change to a new one...too many small isures is coming

into it by age...

Edit: I have only owned my car half year and only driven round 10000km with it.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Dacia's are built from the the parts bin of Renault and Nissan, so should be good. There are variations in drive shaft length to which I would have returned them to Autodoc/Bildelaronline24 for the correct parts. The single mass clutch is know as a problem in the Sandero and Stepway along with the Nissan cars fitted with the same engine gearbox combination I assume you have the 1.5Dci, even the clutch on our 2014 Stepway 1.5 Dci has it moments at 45000 km, we have to drive it with a little bit more care in comparison to our 2013 Duster 1.5 Dci which has a dual mass clutch and a 6 speed gearbox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So with cars that is built with different parts...One axel is already on the car but the other was too short.

I think they send rong one...but as always uou get wise after misstakes...should opened the package

when i got it and checked out what is in it...don't know the length of that axel and the volvo/Renault dealer

wont let me get some information about it with words...-I dont know and have any information get you on that.

:(

Edit the clutch is at cost by them to change and fix by 15000 skr not a cheep car as i thought...

been cheeper by a new one with all garanties and....for round 145000skr.

Happy Hallowen /

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have now seen the driveshaft that doesnt fit my car...it is the right one but the inner driveknot isn't complete

it is only the x in the inner side the complete knot is not there...so i mailed bildelaronline24/autodoc but they doesn't understand the problem they only get a standard answer to check my car vin-code for help to get the part that fits...Have taken several photos that i mailed them also...so wait and see ....

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi just looking to see if anyone had had issues with the CV joint on their stepway? also if they have had any luck with sourcing replacement parts as dealership are wanting crazy money and my usual parts shop are finding it hard to source.

any help would be great
Hi
I have just got my car back after more than a week in dealers. Took it in for bad vibration from engine / transmission between 50-60 mph. They have replaced both drive shafts under warranty at only 30000 miles . All good now .

·
Registered
28 Posts

any help would be great
Had both drive shafts replaced under warranty at 30000 miles .because of bade vibration at 55mph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts