UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something I've been meaning to post about for ages but keep forgetting, I am reminded of it every time I vacuum the car.

In my car, a Stepway, the carpets seem to be very loose. Certainly looser that in other cars I have owned and do not seem to be as stiff. Also, the carpet move about a lot when cleaning, especially up near the pedals.

Has anyone else noticed this in their Dacia? I am considering lifting the carpet and perhaps using some double sided carpet tape hold it down better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I haven't noticed but my Logan is only 2 months old but I do vacuum it regularly as I have got a fanatical about keeping it looking new.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Mines been vacuumed once since I had it :$ if this is the case I better not try our new henry in it, it'll probably devour the full carpet, it pulls the carpet off the grippers in the living room >:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There may be soothing wrong with mine then as its very loose. I wonder if its supposed to be glued down and for some reason it missed that process.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have just been out and had another play with the carpet. If I remove the front mat and grab the black plastic poppers that the front mats clip to, I can lift the majority of the drivers side carpet clear of the floor. The only thing holding it in place are the door rubbers. So. I pulled off the front door rubber and lifted the carpet up to have a look underneath. Under the carpet was a layer of underlay, followed by a least an inch of polystyrene (no wonder the car is quiet), followed by the carpet itself. Non of these layers had any kind of sticky stuff binding them together resulting in no stiffness whatsoever. Judging by previous replies, they're not all like that. I think I will go and buy some carpet tape or maybe some pva adhesive, whatever would be best.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had a look at this last week, I found the carpet to be quite stiff and held down with plastic clips, the poppers for the drivers carpet seem to grip well, when I pull the carpet of it takes a bit of effort and there is some movement but very little.

·
Registered
288 Posts
sydmichel - I wouldn't use PVA adhesive, it would be too permanent in the event that you did need to lift the carpet on its own. Perhaps best to use small strips of double sided carpet tape which will allow you to separate the layers more easily.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
sydmichel - I wouldn't use PVA adhesive, it would be too permanent in the event that you did need to lift the carpet on its own. Perhaps best to use small strips of double sided carpet tape which will allow you to separate the layers more easily.
Or Velcro?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll probably go for the carpet tape solution. But, I am still left wondering why it only seems so be my carpets that are loose and not stuck down. Was a process missed in the factory? But it has proved something for me as when looking under the carpet I discovered that Dacia have not scrimped on the soundproofing because as I said earlier, there are huge slabs of polystyrene over an inch thick under there. However, the carpet is just lying on top of the foam and not secured down in any way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts