UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dacia has had two clutch pedal failures now and they new about the fault be fore the accidents it caused and did not tell people and they new about the manufacturer fault back in 2015 or even before!

please people check your dacia clutch pedal connection!

when mine failed VOSA received a report and have now started an investigation into Renault, as the fault could kill you or even cause you out of pocket bills or even damage your vehicle.

it is so bad they say it is affecting 3.6 million cars, and they will not do a recall as it will cots them millions

be aware ........ dont fall prey to the car industry shoddy workman ship and get hurt.

we have started legal action against Renault / dacia and if you have problems with your clutch and had problems with your master cylinder please contact us to have it checked and see if its the same fault.

model 2017 version so far. new type see this video

renault / dacia are telling lies to make you buy it and not support you properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Clutch has just gone on my Sandero Stepway. I have had the car for less than 18 months, 8870 approx miles. Dacia Liverpool wants £898.84 to fit a new clutch!! Absolute disgrace...I have driven for over 28 years, always had a new car and never broken down nor had any clutch failures...something is not right here. Dacia has been of no help...sent an email to one of the UK's C.E.O's Vincent Tourette who just put a Support Manager my way...she had been a waste of space and of no help or support at all. Says on 2 occasions she has tried to contact me on my landline and cannot connect...total lies!! No one else has had a problem getting through to me. The car went into Dealership on 23/12/2018 should have been booked in the next day...I received an email on the 24/12/2018 to say my car had been booked in 08/01/2019??? Dishonesty all around, no respect or dignity is given to the Customer. Taken the car out of the dealership to have the Clutch fitted as it does not affect the warranty of the car. Went onto a site called Who Will Fix My Car and had a quote for £415.00. Now looking into taking Legal Action...this should never have happened on a fairly new car with low mileage. I believe the quality of the original Clutch is poor! I have asked for the original Clutch back for further investigation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone gotten anywhere with legal actions regarding the clutch problem. 16000 miles and clutch as gone. Surely these are fit for purpose. I’ve never heard of a clutch going on a car with such few miles on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2018 sandero stepway had just had this issue exactly as described at 1yr old. Clearly it's a design fault and should be recalled. I await to see what the dealership say about it when they look at it over the next week.

·
Registered
98 Posts
All seems a bit alarmist and poorly described to me and what is the video supposed to show?
Not sure if this is "alarmist" as this problem is reported by owners very frequently.

The 2018 Stepway 1.5 dci I bought eighteen months ago when its mileage was 18,000 had this problem and I'm now worried that my present one year-old Stepway 1.5dci will develop the same fault in time. There have been suggestion that the clutch used does not is not correctly matched to the transmission, unlike the Duster using the same engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi this video was not alarmist, it was a small film as i am not very good at this sort of thing and , this not only took place twice but also caused damages and RAC to file a report to renault, as they already knew about this fault.

also if you read the documented evidence the company knew about the faults with this system and should have changed it, but failed to do so.

vosa have a report about it and we have a case ref, and they have listed 3+ cases now reported to them about this matter and we have been asked to now back off on this and let legal deal with this matter, as its also been handled by the motor ombudsman who also knows about this problem and Renault hiding the facts.

try going down the motor way and your clutch assembly coming apart during a gear change and the engine locking up at 70! and the start stop motor kicking in.

all messed up.

the facts as it stands

1- renault know about the fault and should do a recall but refused and covered it up.

2- renault are brushing it under the counter.

3- putting lifes at risk.

4- rac, techline dacia,renault and dealers know about it and have done for over a year now.

i posted the info as i got it, nothing more. we are now in legal process and suggest you contact your own dealer about it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not sure if this is "alarmist" as this problem is reported by owners very frequently.

The 2018 Stepway 1.5 dci I bought eighteen months ago when its mileage was 18,000 had this problem and I'm now worried that my present one year-old Stepway 1.5dci will develop the same fault in time. There have been suggestion that the clutch used does not is not correctly matched to the transmission, unlike the Duster using the same engine.
Having revisited the video and descriptions, I stand by my comments. There may be a design fault, however, the video and accompanying statements confuse the issue and prove nothing. If you're going to highlight a problem, at least be concise, to the point and clear. If you had the problem with your first Sandero clutch, why purchase a second?

We didn't have a clutch problem with our 0.9 Stepway during the 16k miles we owned it, however, the transmission on these cars is far from pleasing to use. If there turns out to be a weakness and I wouldn't doubt it, I'm glad we've moved it on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Having revisited the video and descriptions, I stand by my comments. There may be a design fault, however, the video and accompanying statements confuse the issue and prove nothing. If you're going to highlight a problem, at least be concise, to the point and clear. If you had the problem with your first Sandero clutch, why purchase a second?

We didn't have a clutch problem with our 0.9 Stepway during the 16k miles we owned it, however, the transmission on these cars is far from pleasing to use. If there turns out to be a weakness and I wouldn't doubt it, I'm glad we've moved it on.
0.9 TCE Sandero my wife and I have, I concur It has one of the worst clutches / gearboxes I've ever used, I've driven new cars (Toyota, Kia) and used cars (Toyota, Ford, Mazda, Vauxhall, Saab) and NONE of them (not even the used toyota at 178K on the original (and likely heavily worn clutch) was anywhere near as jerky and grabby when trying to shift at normal rates (sandero needs very slow shifts to stop it jerking particularly when cold, none of them had such a high clutch point bite either.

None of them had loose interior trim either from factory, nor a Dacia dealership arguing it must be normal and what could you expect from a Dacia......

·
Registered
1 Posts
just ask dealer to contact techline they will tell them.

also if you need the legal team dealing with this matter i would gladly share it with you if you have the same fault.
The connection between the clutch pedal and master cylinder, on my 2016 Sandero 1.2, snapped last week causing an accident.

My insurance company aren't proving useful saying that I can't prove the part failed before the accident. And no solicitor that I've tried want's to take this on.

Could you share details of the legal team you have dealing with this?

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
Strange! The 1.2 does not have a master cylinder it is a cable clutch. Why would you have an accident? You just brake to a stop and the engine will stall just like if you didn't press the clutch. It is noway dangerous.

In fact you can drive a car with a permanetly engaged clutch although it is not very good for the synchromesh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well my clutch has just gone again 7wks after it went the first time. This time I got load of smoke and engine died few seconds later. Left me stranded in middle of busy junction. Trying to push it out the junction with inconsiderate drivers shouting abuse at me and clipping me with wing mirrors was a delight. Being a new Davia owner and the car being 1yr old not very impressed especially if this is common fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well here is the latest update.

the motor ombudsman has awarded our case , compensation and dacia / Renault failure.

we now have to pass this to the legal team as well as they have recommended actions direct and we have to await reply.

if you need to complain refer to this

Customer Relations, Dacia UK Ltd, The Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Hertfordshire, WD3 9YS

as for your clutch failure i suggest you get the dacia crash investigator to check your vehicle and make a report and the insurance company have to do this!

just call dacia and escalate the matter to them.

also request a copy of all reports.

most important check with your dealer that they check with tech line to see if your one of the affected clutch units that fail. they have a list.

this is the type of failure we had and they held it on with a tie wrap! lol until it failed. and no i did not buy another clutch....

also get the recovery people to report and provide you a copy. they also know about the dacia faults.

so far we have only had people report from 1.5 diesel and 2017 model.

some people have even had this happen

as dacia use the same link system today.

ours went with a big bang! we new as the pedal as flopping around.

i am not a crash investigator or a motor mechanic but they all have covered up the truth in this matter.

clutch failure in dacia is common problem listed top 3 in dacia report.

they should do all the repairs under warranty as its with in 3 year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have asked the video be removed from you tube as i have been asked to make the notes clearer for you all to read and see better.

I will make another, but i ask that you try and make a video of your problems also and post it then we can get the message out better.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts