UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
My 2018 sandero stepway had just had this issue exactly as described at 1yr old. Clearly it's a design fault and should be recalled. I await to see what the dealership say about it when they look at it over the next week.
What did the dealer have to say about the design fault is there going to be a recall?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Have you actually read the posts and watched the videos and the other nonsense, 1.2 engine clutch with a master cylinder?

It's all bullshit.
explain your comment please? as i do not have a 1.2? 1.5 dci is mine.? the video is not good but its true and i tried to cover as much fact as i could? i have asked for it to be removed so i can update the info for it? to make it clearer ?

could you explain in more detail please how you think its connected and how the fault took place.

as it has taken place twice now and i am not the only one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What did the dealer have to say about the design fault is there going to be a recall?
Hi, The dealer has not said anything, Its now gone again and dealership have had it for over 3 weeks. Communication with them is all one way, Me asking but not getting any answers. I am off for legal Advice on Monday as even the RCI Finance aren't getting any answers from Dacia or the Dealer. I have also reported the fault to the DVSA as my car could have caused a accident when the clutch went.

·
Registered
28 Posts
All I will say is that if X8R go to the expense of making a repair part there must be a problem on some models.

My previous car was a Saab 93 and it had two known week points - the gearbox turret bush and swirl bar bushes. Both failed on mine and I repaired both using X8R parts. Saved me probably £1000 as the main dealer wanted to replace the whole inlet manifold and turret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
All I will say is that if X8R go to the expense of making a repair part there must be a problem on some models.
Can you explain why you think the Dacia Sandero uses that Clio II clutch pedal which appears to be a cable clutch mechanism and the part in the video is definitely not the linkage to a clutch master cylinder and where are the clutch position sensors for Hill Start Assist and Start/Stop on that assembly?

It seems that any clutch failure is irrationally being blamed on a part with no evidence it is actually fitted to Sanderos.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, of course not.

All I was implying is that some Renault (and therefore possibly Dacia) clutch pedals have a design issue or else X8R wouldn't go to the trouble of engineering and marketing a fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've have issues with first gear when the car is cold the car judders & needs to go straight to second gear. Not sure if my clutch is slipping & needs adjusting - car seems OK in other gears, once warm a little better in first gear too. Not sure if it's a clutch or gear issue. Due my 2019 annual service this month, it's done 8000 miles in total & is a 67 plate sandero stepway

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've have issues with first gear when the car is cold the car judders & needs to go straight to second gear. Not sure if my clutch is slipping & needs adjusting - car seems OK in other gears, once warm a little better in first gear too. Not sure if it's a clutch or gear issue. Due my 2019 annual service this month, it's done 8000 miles in total & is a 67 plate sandero stepway

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
A juddering clutch is usually due to clutch driven plate contamination (oil etc) or irregular wear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi new to forum just bought stepway 1.5 dci last week .i now have judder from clutch this is dual mass unit as is on all dci 1.5 contacted dacia i got the feeling after talking to them that they are aware of problem but wont admit to it will post again when told a bit more on the issue my stepway is 2017 12000 miles on clock

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I think you find that a 1.5dci engine is fitted with the 6 speed gearbox (as per the Duster) has the dual mass clutch whereas the same engine with the 5 speed gearbox (as per the Stepway) has the single mass clutch, as the 5 speed gearbox seems to be stronger than the 6 speed gearbox it's not recommended fitting a single mass clutch conversion to the 6 speed box which is another topic for discussion.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think you find that a 1.5dci engine is fitted with the 6 speed gearbox (as per the Duster) has the dual mass clutch whereas the same engine with the 5 speed gearbox (as per the Stepway) has the single mass clutch, as the 5 speed gearbox seems to be stronger than the 6 speed gearbox it's not recommended fitting a single mass clutch conversion to the 6 speed box which is another topic for discussion.
Nope, it's a 5 speed in the Sandero.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts