UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I finally took delivery of Gollum, my new Sandero 0.9 Tce in stone with leather interior and pro pack, on Tuesday 25th June!

Order placed 5th Feb 2013. Sewards, Portsmouth. Told car en route at time of order (they had three not yet reserved) so expect mid March.

Mid March came and went... no news. Dealer unable to give new date.

Over next 6 weeks - Poor updates when prompted by my calls: 'In Amber / Blocked on system'

24th April - call from dealer that car is in UK, at Sunderland, and ready for transport down to dealership.

25th April - No sign of car.

26th April - Call from dealer (after I email for info) "Bad News... leak in power steering so it's been pulled off delivery" No new timescale...

Ask salesman to look at number plate options for me, so we can at least get that underway.... Told to buy one if I don't like the few remaining options on their list. Then get snotty email from sales manager telling me same.... and that "If it looks like I'm passing the buck, that's because I am"

Contacted Kelly Richards at Dacia Customer Services. Assured she will look into this as Dealer should not have sent me email of that nature, and that she would find out what was wrong with my car.

Start of numerous text messages saying 'I will be in touch as soon as I have further news' At least she did give me the VIN number, which the Dealer had neglected to do... The salesman from the dealer is no longer there.

Car finally arrives and both the dealer and Dacia forget to tell me this, until I ring them.....

So.... Go to collect car, having been told Dacia will be offering me 'Goodwill'. It is filthy! Not been cleaned and has half a ton of Sunderland grime under the bonnet! Missing the warning triangle pack. Lots of little marks from being in transit on the body (thankfully not damage!) and missing the glove box courtesy light! Several other little things since noticed, but will be getting them sorted...

Now it comes down to the invoice - The free tank of petrol (for the delays, etc) from the dealer is billed on there - £60 no less. Got that taken off.

Salesman rings Kelly at Dacia and says that I would like to know what this goodwill is - She comes back with a voucher for a free first service, capped at £150.00. What is involved in first service - Europe only service. Oil change, filter change - Should be around £35 tops! Lots of checks but not much lubing, according to the Dacia Warranty and Service paperwork that I got from the dealer!

I ask about alloys - Which they could have fitted before sending the car down.... As I am out £350 on losing the private sale, £100 on the MoT and £30 on the Tax, from my old car having been forced by these delays to keep it on the road and finally lost the very patient buyer! Seward have a car in the showroom with allots, and probably would have swapped them over then and there for Dacia if they agreed. Alloys at the factory as an extra are £425. Dacia come back and say that because the car is delivered they would now cost £650, so they will not consider this. It's the voucher or nothing....

Anyone else feeling the love from Dacia / Renault?

I'm now going to the Ombudsman because I don't see why I should be out £480 due to their delays. The voucher at £150 (if it was actually worth that) still leaves me over £300 out of pocket - with a car that is three days old and needs a damn good valet already..........!

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
23 Posts
I finally took delivery of Gollum, my new Sandero 0.9 Tce in stone with leather interior and pro pack, on Tuesday 25th June!

Order placed 5th Feb 2013. Sewards, Portsmouth. Told car en route at time of order (they had three not yet reserved) so expect mid March.
Over next 6 weeks - Poor updates when prompted by my calls: 'In Amber / Blocked on system'
24th April - call from dealer that car is in UK, at Sunderland, and ready for transport down to dealership.
26th April - Call from dealer (after I email for info) "Bad News... leak in power steering so it's been pulled off delivery" No new timescale...
Ask salesman to look at number plate options for me, so we can at least get that underway.... Told to buy one if I don't like the few remaining options on their list. Then get snotty email from sales manager telling me same.... and that "If it looks like I'm passing the buck, that's because I am"

Contacted Kelly Richards at Dacia Customer Services. Assured she will look into this as Dealer should not have sent me email of that nature, and that she would find out what was wrong with my car.

Start of numerous text messages saying 'I will be in touch as soon as I have further news' At least she did give me the VIN number, which the Dealer had neglected to do... The salesman from the dealer is no longer there.

Car finally arrives and both the dealer and Dacia forget to tell me this, until I ring them.....

So.... Go to collect car, having been told Dacia will be offering me 'Goodwill'. It is filthy! Not been cleaned and has half a ton of Sunderland grime under the bonnet! Missing the warning triangle pack. Lots of little marks from being in transit on the body (thankfully not damage!) and missing the glove box courtesy light! Several other little things since noticed, but will be getting them sorted...

Now it comes down to the invoice - The free tank of petrol (for the delays, etc) from the dealer is billed on there - £60 no less. Got that taken off.

Salesman rings Kelly at Dacia and says that I would like to know what this goodwill is - She comes back with a voucher for a free first service, capped at £150.00. What is involved in first service - Europe only service. Oil change, filter change - Should be around £35 tops! Lots of checks but not much lubing, according to the Dacia Warranty and Service paperwork that I got from the dealer!

I ask about alloys - Which they could have fitted before sending the car down.... As I am out £350 on losing the private sale, £100 on the MoT and £30 on the Tax, from my old car having been forced by these delays to keep it on the road and finally lost the very patient buyer! Seward have a car in the showroom with allots, and probably would have swapped them over then and there for Dacia if they agreed. Alloys at the factory as an extra are £425. Dacia come back and say that because the car is delivered they would now cost £650, so they will not consider this. It's the voucher or nothing....

I'm now going to the Ombudsman because I don't see why I should be out £480 due to their delays. The voucher at £150 (if it was actually worth that) still leaves me over £300 out of pocket - with a car that is three days old and needs a damn good valet already..........!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not had any of the trouble people are stating.order mine June 17 and took delivery yesterday satisfied upto now well done Arnold Clark st helens

·
Registered
178 Posts

Are you sure you get a warning triangle pack? Has anyone else had such a pack with their Dacia?

In regards to compensation - think service voucher will be most Dacia CS will be able to offer....

Glove box light missing already mentioned in other threads and same as my Stepway

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
guysss!!!

Glove box light missing already mentioned in other threads and same as my Stepway

u should check if u think u dont

the glove box light only works when the main position lights are on, the box hatch (door) does not have a switch on its own!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup - Boot light AOK - Glove-box light AWOL!

Just been speaking to MD of dealership - He's pretty fed up with the whole business as well - Is going to speak to Dacia on my behalf and see what can be done - Suggested considering WATCHDOG and Ombudsman as well...

Light at the end of the tunnel....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nothing mentioned about glove box light being there on the online spec description but was in dealer broucher.but noticed at the bback of this in small print that Renault can change spec at any time without prior notice. a bit naughty but think this is to cover them when doing further cost cutting

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi

I have been expecting delivery of my Duster since 20th September and am being fobbed off too !!

Last Friday 26th it was on a transporter coming from Tyne And Wear but then parked up over the weekend and todate has still not arrived.

No one at the Dealership knows where it is - isnt that bizarre ? if i had ordered a parcel i could track it all the way to my house so why is it impossible to locate a massive transporter with a bright white Duster on its back ?

i think there are fibs being told to me and i am really very disappointed !!

I dont want to make a fuss because i am scared it wont arrive at all .......................................

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I was told by Renault Customer Services (they pretend to be Dacia Customer Services but its the same people on the phones) that they have a department that monitors dealer performance. So I would suggest, once you have your duster and all is ok, complain to Customer Services so that standards can be improved.

I have also given my dealer a fair, factual and honest review (ie. a bad one) on Google.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
I was told by Renault Customer Services (they pretend to be Dacia Customer Services but its the same people on the phones) that they have a department that monitors dealer performance. So I would suggest, once you have your duster and all is ok, complain to Customer Services so that standards can be improved.

I have also given my dealer a fair, factual and honest review (ie. a bad one) on Google.
ill be complaining tomorrow! rear near side door seal still weeping and not heard from them about it since I took it in in august!:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - i did get my Duster yesterday finally !! but i am disappointed in their customer service - they didnt even put any fuel in the car !! i live 15 miles away from the dealership which you would think they would take into consideration but the fuel light came on 3 miles from home.

i will complain - its not a major issue and certainly nothing against the car which is lovely :)

glad to be an official duster driver now though.

k

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hi - i did get my Duster yesterday finally !! but i am disappointed in their customer service - they didnt even put any fuel in the car !! i live 15 miles away from the dealership which you would think they would take into consideration but the fuel light came on 3 miles from home.

i will complain - its not a major issue and certainly nothing against the car which is lovely :)

k
congrats ;)

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts

k
kaylie' - there are some lucky members (smooth talkers) who have reported they got a full tank of fuel, but I reckon you are no worse off than most. I haven't quite worked out yet when the fuel warning light comes on, but I would bet it's no less than 50 mls worth of fuel (variable according to your speed/revs etc of course). I would guess your fuel level was a tad on the mean side, but not sure it's a good reason to complain (but by all means give it a go). I was slated to get £16's worth on my sales invoice: did your Dealer say up front what fuel you would get?

Welcome to the forum btw and congrats :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
We bought ours from Renault Cardiff. no real problems, although we ordered and paid for the emergency spare wheel option. when we went to collect the car, the pdi check sheet stated "emergency spare wheel fitted" with a tick next to it.I opened the boot- and no spare wheel, just the bloody inflation goo.

However salesman was most apologetic, and although he couldn't get one for love nor money they did issue us a refund pretty promptly.

I was just p'ed off that they would have been quite happy for us to have driven off not having checked that everything was as we had ordered- and as I HATE those inflation goo things I'm finding it very hard to find a spare wheel aftermarket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts