UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this in the hope that it will be of use to those who are more knowledgeable than I am ....... most of you I guess.

Had a bit of trouble recently which has now been resolved following a visit to my dealer.

Whilst driving had , initially , the toxic fume orange warning light display and stay on . Subsequently the red engine warning light "stop " flashed on and off twice. Much alarmed called Dacia Assistance who sent the AA. Very helpful AA man did diagnostic check and error code P0642 was displayed . Gather this was a generic code rather than a Dacia/Renault specific code as AA do not have access to Renault,s software. A dealer using Renault software would have had a different code displayed but should show the same fault narrative.

For those having a diagnostic done by AA/RAC etc or non Renault agency there is a website which breaks down the various codes with the proviso that any remedial work suggested may be different .Renault software may identify a different remedy to the problem.

A search for Permoveo will identify a website . From home page select technical resources button and then enter in vehicle manufacturer box adding code if known. Or enter Dacia and get a long list of clickable codes.

Reactions: antavi and Troute

·
Registered
268 Posts
Reactions: antavi and Troute

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Can anyone recommend a code reader for a Duster?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All

Thank you all for your input.

The permoveo website does not appear to function.

Having spent a long time on the interwebby thingy, I discover that if you push in the trip meter pin between the clocks and turn on the ignition, the vehicle does a self test ( the clocks ping up and down) and comes up with a code - in this case 7112.

Great.................. Any ideas what in means? Cant find it anywhere in cyberspace.

Anyone have a clue as to the ABS (Bosch 8.1?) socket numbers that can be connected to get a reading?

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just out of interest Aldi supermarkets have a ODB code readers for sale first week in January 2021 a great bit of kit ....Save money on garage diagnostic checks !

·
Registered
3 Posts
If this OBD interface can be used with DDT4all and Pyren, will be a great thing for self diagnostic. Otherwise OBDlink SX and DDT4all is a good solution. Even to change car parameters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts