UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there is already a Dacia Cat entry I felt I should start the 'Mans Best Friend Feed'.

To kick things off this is my best mate Cooper who is a 2 Year old Chocolate Labrador (thinks he is 6 months), he loves life, people, other dogs, kids and his toys. When at home he has to have at least one part of his body touching you. Right now as I write this he has his head on my foot.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Dog Motor vehicle

The dog grill by the way is a mont blonc one that I had in my Mondeo and fits perfectly in the Duster.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Watch him as brown Labs are mad! Got a black one who could eat for England' he's called Cado (gaelic for fox) anyway shouldn't you be driving a Rover :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on then guys and girls get your Dog pictures up, name, age, likes and any funny dog related stuff.

Our last dog was a yellow Lab called Cass and she was beautiful but we lost her to cancer so please feel free to use this thread as a memory board too :)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Many many moons ago ... when Mutt was little ...

we took care of my granparents dog when they could no longer look after him.

He was a border collie called Cap ...

The only dog that I have ever met, that understood the "walk" vocabulary in its entirety....

walk, w-a-l-k, k-l-a-w, perambulation, trot, hike, thing, out, about etc etc....

and

if we hadn't obliged...and he wanted one...he would go into the kitchen...open the drawer with his lead in...

take it out and then present it to you or put it softly by your feet....

and then go and sit by the front door expectantly....

if he was ignored....he just used to throw his head back and do howling wolf impressions until we caved in !!!!!

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many many moons ago ... when Mutt was little ...

we took care of my granparents dog when they could no longer look after him.

He was a border collie called Cap ...

The only dog that I have ever met, that understood the "walk" vocabulary in its entirety....

walk, w-a-l-k, k-l-a-w, perambulation, trot, hike, thing, out, about etc etc....

and

if we hadn't obliged...and he wanted one...he would go into the kitchen...open the drawer with his lead in...

take it out and then present it to you or put it softly by your feet....

and then go and sit by the front door expectantly....

if he was ignored....he just used to throw his head back and do howling wolf impressions until we caved in !!!!!

:D :D :D :D
I'm sure Cooper can spell i.e. Have you F. E. D. him yet? Has Coop been O. U. T? or W. A. L. K? and even sure he even knows F. I. E. L. D. Oh and V. E. T. S

On a Friday if we are home in the evening we will have a Chinese Takeaway and cooper waits by the door and always knows when the delivery people are there before they even arrive, cos he knows that his KONG will be stuffed with broken bonio bits while we have our Chinese

·
Registered
756 Posts
No dogs anymore, lost my 15 year old black lab Ted last year and my bitch lab Jess went the year before, 1st year shooting this season without a faithful pal by my side in over 25 years :-(

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No dogs anymore, lost my 15 year old black lab Ted last year and my bitch lab Jess went the year before, 1st year shooting this season without a faithful pal by my side in over 25 years :-(
Yes, they are not with us for long enough. We had springers for years and then before Cooper we had a Yellow Lab called Cass, we rescued her from a puppy farm she was one of their breeding bitches and was in such a state when we took her on. She had never had a toy not even a ball to play with until we had her and I will never forget when we put her in the back of the car and I was arranging a blanket for her and the breeder said "don't bother with that as she does know what a blanket is" I could have punched him. I reported them to the RSPCA. We gave her a fabulous life to make up for her bad start and the funny thing was she did not regard herself as a dog and if she didn't get her fuss in the evening she would get the hump and turn her back to you and you were not allowed to ignore her as she would just sit in front of you and put her paw on you knee and if that didn't work she would put her head under you hand so you had to stroke her. We lost her to Cancer but were happy to know that we gave her a very good life. We were going to have a break from dogs for a bit but then Cooper ARRIVED, boy did he ARRIVE haha

Cass always sat like this, never very lady like haha

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Flooring Floor

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
We have had dogs for many, many years and have lost some dear friends. Our last dog was an Airedale terrier and he was put to sleep at 6 1/2 cos he had prostrate cancer
Posted Image

We now have two dogs! A Goldendoodle called Briar who is 3 1/2 and a Cockapoo called Marcie aged 7 months!

Posted Image

The two of them managing to squeeze onto my lap!! Bear in mind this is a combined dog weight of 40kg!!!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha ha ha, cooper thinks he is a lap dog sometimes too, they look great.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Its when Mac'namara's st betnard thinks he's a lap dog we need to feel sorry for him!!!!
mind you..st bernards are cute so he is forgiven !!!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
We have had dogs for many, many years and have lost some dear friends. Our last dog was an Airedale terrier and he was put to sleep at 6 1/2 cos he had prostrate cancer
Posted Image

We now have two dogs! A Goldendoodle called Briar who is 3 1/2 and a Cockapoo called Marcie aged 7 months!

Posted Image

The two of them managing to squeeze onto my lap!! Bear in mind this is a combined dog weight of 40kg!!!!!
Two lovely looking dogs. I take it neither moult being cross poodles.was this a deliberate choice.

Badger Sent from his iPhone using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app. Mariana blue laureate duster 4x2

·
Registered
89 Posts
Two lovely looking dogs. I take it neither moult being cross poodles.was this a deliberate choice.

Badger Sent from his iPhone using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app. Mariana blue laureate duster 4x2
It's a bit of a fallacy that these cross poodles don't moult. They certainly don't lose loads of fur, you tend to get little 'tumble weeds' in the corner. Yes it was a deliberate choice as fed up getting so much fur on our clothes in the past!! :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Lost my best pal Judy a JRT about three years ago aged 14, still miss her loads. I'd have six of them if I could but my work pattern says no, it wouldn't be fair on a dog.

judysm.jpg

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Keep those pics coming guys and girls. They all look great

1 - 20 of 203 Posts