UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks really nice tonykbl. This is the same one I have ordered so can't wait to get my hands on it. Keep us posted on its performance.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The white does look really good Tonykbl. Looking forward to updates on MPG & general ownership. After all it is what keeps "we who wait" from going bananas ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I did a brief review last week on another thread, I'll try and find it and repost it on here.

Everyone of my friends who have seen it are amazed at the quality and value for money. It really is a lot of car for the money you pay. It's my first new car and I'm still buzzin off it, still got a daft grin everytime I drive it.

I took it to the hand car wash today, even the young lady washing it commented on what a nice car it was.

It's such a smooth ride too. You won't be dissapointed at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok found it. This was written last week and I've now had it for 11 days and done 450 miles

Picked up my Duster Ambiance with protection pack on Friday. It's my first brand new car and have since done 300 miles in it. I can't stop driving it. My last car was a 2001 Renault Megan Expression with 73000 miles.

I was quite surprised to find that the reversing sensors came with a digital readout next to the rear view mirror, as I'd read somewhere that it was only an audible warning. It's already proving to be very useful.

How did I ever get by without Bluetooth? Turn on ignition, within a few seconds the Bluetooth light starts flashing, then the message "iPhone connected" appears. Press media button and my music starts playing from where it left off previously. Phone rings, press button on steering column to answer. To make a call is very easy too and all done from the radio controls.

A female friend jumped in the driving seat and was really surprised how comfy the seats were, "hey this is comfier than my car" were her exact words, she has a 61 plate top of the range Nissan cash cow. It is quite comfy with a good driving position. My first impression was how big it seemed to be but I think the fact that the bonnet is higher that the windscreen wipers adds to this illusion as the bonnet looks high.

The dashboard is quite well laid out with only the important bits, if you don't need it, it's not there. It's quite sturdy and well made although there is a bit of moulding flash on the indicator stalk which I find quite annoying and one on top of the gear lever that is very annoying. I'm slowly getting used to the beep beep of the indicators instead of the usual click click but most of the time I don't even hear it as even quite mederate music volume drowns it out.

The drive is very pleasant, I don't find much of an issue with engine, wind, or road noise as some people have reported, even at motorway speeds. It is possible to hold a conversation with the passenger at normal voice levels, and I don't have the best hearing. The steering is quite responsive and there is a little bit of roll in bends it can only be expected with the higher centre of gravity, but it isn't as bad as some reports suggest but I suppose that also depends how hard you corner too

A friend of mine is looking to buy a used Range Rover for 25-30 grand, after seeing my Duster he is now considering spending half that amount on a brand new Duster instead

On the whole, I'm extremely happy with my first new car, can't stop looking out of the window and smiling.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great stuff only, great to hear your delighted with it. Hope to pick up mine next week.

Coincidently I was looking for that particular review as I knew someone on here mentioned the display for the reversing Sensors.

Strange request but any chance you can take a picture of it and show here. I just want to see what it looks like as I want to install one asap after we pick up ours.

Thanks a million.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Tonykbl that looks much smarter than the one in the demo Duster I drove.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi Tony, Thanks a million, that is all I need to see. Perfect much appreciate the assistance.

Think I'll go the same way just need to be sure on size etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tony, Thanks a million, that is all I need to see. Perfect much appreciate the assistance.

Think I'll go the same way just need to be sure on size etc.

Thanks
No worries, glad i can be of assistance

Tonykbl that looks much smarter than the one in the demo Duster I drove.

It is a very neat job ****, i never notice it until it starts beeping

·
Registered
319 Posts
Looks great. Hope you are still enjoying it and thank you for the review. Really helpfull for me as I also have gone for Ambience.
Ok found it. This was written last week and I've now had it for 11 days and done 450 miles

Picked up my Duster Ambiance with protection pack on Friday. It's my first brand new car and have since done 300 miles in it. I can't stop driving it. My last car was a 2001 Renault Megan Expression with 73000 miles.

I was quite surprised to find that the reversing sensors came with a digital readout next to the rear view mirror, as I'd read somewhere that it was only an audible warning. It's already proving to be very useful.

How did I ever get by without Bluetooth? Turn on ignition, within a few seconds the Bluetooth light starts flashing, then the message "iPhone connected" appears. Press media button and my music starts playing from where it left off previously. Phone rings, press button on steering column to answer. To make a call is very easy too and all done from the radio controls.

A female friend jumped in the driving seat and was really surprised how comfy the seats were, "hey this is comfier than my car" were her exact words, she has a 61 plate top of the range Nissan cash cow. It is quite comfy with a good driving position. My first impression was how big it seemed to be but I think the fact that the bonnet is higher that the windscreen wipers adds to this illusion as the bonnet looks high.

The dashboard is quite well laid out with only the important bits, if you don't need it, it's not there. It's quite sturdy and well made although there is a bit of moulding flash on the indicator stalk which I find quite annoying and one on top of the gear lever that is very annoying. I'm slowly getting used to the beep beep of the indicators instead of the usual click click but most of the time I don't even hear it as even quite mederate music volume drowns it out.

The drive is very pleasant, I don't find much of an issue with engine, wind, or road noise as some people have reported, even at motorway speeds. It is possible to hold a conversation with the passenger at normal voice levels, and I don't have the best hearing. The steering is quite responsive and there is a little bit of roll in bends it can only be expected with the higher centre of gravity, but it isn't as bad as some reports suggest but I suppose that also depends how hard you corner too

A friend of mine is looking to buy a used Range Rover for 25-30 grand, after seeing my Duster he is now considering spending half that amount on a brand new Duster instead

On the whole, I'm extremely happy with my first new car, can't stop looking out of the window and smiling.

Reactions: Macnamara

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great. Hope you are still enjoying it and thank you for the review. Really helpfull for me as I also have gone for Ambience.
Hi Bex, Im loving it, its the first SUV Ive driven and everything about it just feels right. Im sure youll love it too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts