UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my duster access for just under 6 months and from day one when I turn the key and get ready to drive it shudders and as if it wants to cut out but after maybe driving it for 5-10 min its fine to drive. the thing is one day I started the car drove 2 yards to a give way and someone let me go and its as if I had the wrong fuel in it shuddering like daft and for about 2-3 miles. anyone having this problem or is it just my car.

·
Registered
517 Posts
take it to a dealer, be prepared to leave it overnight so they can replicate the fault, it sounds like intake sensors are not working properly or a bad connection on the ECU - but very hard to diagnose without seeing the car perform. These engines are/should be very lively even when cold, if its not then there is a problem - let a dealer fix it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For info I reported this issue on my first service. The dealers gave the ECU a software upgrade which fixed the problem! No more lumpy cold running. The upgrade is a current recall from Dacia.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The wife was complaining of hers stuttering when cold & it did it the other day when we went out for a run, seemed to be for the first 2 minutes then was fine. It's going back Monday, hopefully the dealer with do the upgrade before they sell it on to someone else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts